Mahara repostory plugin

Mahara repostory plugin

by Yuliya Bozhko -
Number of replies: 8
Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to Mahara repository plugin? It is kind of 'advertised' in lots of Moodle/Mahara presentations in the Internet, but I can't find it in Moodle 2.0 Preview 4. Was looking through Moodle Tracker and found http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-16909

Does it mean that this repository will be in 2.1 version instead of 2.0?

Thanks!

Yuliya
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yuliya Bozhko

Re: Mahara repostory plugin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well I have not looked too far into this but if you enable portfolios in Advanced features then you have a new link in plugins>portfolios>manage portfolios where the Mahara plugin is disabled until you have enabled Mnet and Moodle Networking peers with SSO IDP published, SSO SP subscribed - you could try doing that
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Yuliya Bozhko -
Mahara ePortfolio plugin and Mahara repository plugin are not the same. The first one allows to have SSO connection with Mahara from Moodle. We already have that. The second is supposed to give an opportunity to import and export stuff between systems. For example, to save files or forum posts from Moodle into Mahara or to add files to Moodle directly from ePortfolio system. This Mahara repository is a new feature which is supposed to be in Moodle 2.0, but was removed from the current HEAD version.
I am really interested if it is going to be implemented in 2.0 release or not.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Yuliya,

I had it working last month but I tried to set up a new site yesterday and had a few issues - probably a regression/bug there somewhere - From memory this particular bug must be fixed before we can put the Mahara repository plugin back into core:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-21993

but we should be able to "make it work" as a contrib plugin (which seems like it might be broken right now)

by Lino Oliveira -

It is strange because the Mahara repository plugin ins mention as included in release notes (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_2.0_release_notes) but not in the corresponded repositories page (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Repositories).

In reply to Lino Oliveira

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

good spotting - it shouldn't be in the release notes(I've just removed it from there) - it was initially planned for inclusion in 2.0 but it missed the cut! - hopefully 2.1!

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Wen Hao Chuang -

Hi Dan, is the mahara plugin still plan to be released in 2.1? I would love to try it out and help out with testing! smile

by Jez H -

We are using Moodle and Mahara extensively.

Mahara is proving VERY popular with both staff and students.

We use single sign on between the two applications and have added the Mahara plugin to Moodle 1.9 that allows submission of views as assignments. Though buggy it is still a huge leap forward.

I know this post is a little off topic, I just wanted to add something as having used both systems in a live environment it is clear to everyone involved that the combination / integration of Moodle and Mahara will be VERY powerful.

It has been the main driver for us wanting to move to Moodle 2, it is dissapointing to see it delayed, but I am sure it will get there in the end!

In reply to Jez H

by Ali Hastie -

Hi

I would also like to know what progress has been made with the Mahara repository plugin? I have voted for this feature here: MDL-16909