Does the Certificate link Directly to the quiz

Does the Certificate link Directly to the quiz

by Lynton Greatwood -
Number of replies: 11

Hi

New to Moodle and definitely to the certificate module, I have a few basic questions that could save me time.
Can the certificate activity link directly into a quiz so it opens up for the student as soon as they have passed the quiz ?  

Lastly can you place on the certificate through a input box another name, not just the users log on name ?

Thanks in anticipation of the flood of reply’s

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lynton Greatwood

Re: Does the Certificate link Directly to the quiz

by Nicole D -
Yes - I have it set up that way. You add the certificate using "manage activities" and "add an activity."

In reply to Nicole D

by Iver Johnson -
Actually, I do not believe that is what he is asking to do.

There is currently no way to have the certificate automatically open after completion of the quiz. The User is required to click the certificate link to generate the certificate.

Also, as it is set up, the certificate should print the user's first and last name. Once could add an input box as you requested, but that would take modifying the code.
In reply to Iver Johnson

by Nicole D -
Yes, all you have to do is click a link.
In reply to Nicole D

by E. L. Cooper -
I have added a link to quiz default feed back for the technology intimidated
In reply to Lynton Greatwood

by Raymond Fürst -
You cannot directly open the certificate after quiz completion. However you can put a link to the certificate into the introduction of the quiz. After the student has completed an attempt, he can see his results and the link to the certificate.

You can also add links to the quiz (and other required activities) into the introduction of the certificate. I usually put a "You need 80 Points in the xy-Quiz to recieve this certificate"-Message into the introduction.

He who tries to open the certificate without appropriate quiz result can jump right into the quiz.

You can customize the certificate type by modifying the certificate.php-file of that type. However this is not trivial. You might use fields from the course data and user data. Providing an extra input box with another name requires major changes to the module.

I do not think it makes sense to have the teacher specify an extra name for each student to be printed onto the certificate. The module is designed to support (semi-)automatic production of certificates.
In reply to Raymond Fürst

by Smrithi Chettiyar -

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this please. I am using moodle for the first time. I am not a programmer.

I have added a quiz and also generated a certificate. Certificate is condition based that if student passes the quiz with 50%, only then he is eligible to recieve that certificate. I have read many blogs and I have concluded that, certificate needs to be linked. How to link a certificate?

I want that once the student passes the test with = or > 50%, then he should be able to see the certificate. So can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do?

In reply to Smrithi Chettiyar

by Nick Boyd -
Hi Smrithi

In response to part 2 of your question (part 1 answered in previous post), simply, login as administrator and select the respective course, click certificate - update this certificate and set the pass mark value in the Locking Options

Hope this helps

Nick

Mercantile Training Services
Fremantle
Australia

In reply to Nick Boyd

by Smrithi Chettiyar -

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I did that. What I want to know is, student passes with the test scoring above 50 %, then next what?

After passing the test with >50%, how will I notify the student to have or print his certificate?

by Nick Boyd -

Hi Smrithi

I understand what you are trying to achieve. There maybe a simpler way of doing this (if so I would like to know too). This is what we do as our courses have an element of long answers that are graded manually.

• Student completes test (quiz) and receives automated advice from Moodle at the time of submission to allow 2-3 business days for the test (quiz) to be graded.
  • Once graded, the teacher generates an email to the student by clicking on the student's name in Result - Overview
  • We use Microsoft Outlook with the Insert - Signature feature, this email alerts the student to check their results, feedback and provides a screen shot example on how to retrieve their certificate.

If all your courses are automated, then I can only suggest that you advise the student to check their results and download their certificate along with any other advice at the time they attempt the quiz and again after they submit thier quiz. Any notation can be inserted by editing the relevant quiz.

Let me know how you go

Nick

by Raymond Fürst -
The certificate is designed to be downloaded/opened by the student after the locking conditions are met. The certificate cannot be pushed to the student.

You should add a label or a text page into the course next to the test or the certificate that tells the students they can download the certificate by themselves after the test.

If your test is a quiz and contains no freetext-questions (means: no teacher needs to grade it manually), the result is calculated right after the student submitted his attempt. After the attempt the students sees his general feedback, can browse his individual quiestion results and open the certificate as the next activity.

After you created the certificate activity, you can also put a link to the certificate activity in the introduction of the quiz.