Bulk user Assignment To course

Bulk user Assignment To course

by Sudip Das -
Number of replies: 4
Say I have multiple course. For every courses have different user. Now for one course i have to create 200 user by uploading csv file. Now i have to assign those user to the particular course. how can i do this using file upload or any other way? Without doing manual separation of user i have to assign user to a course.
thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sudip Das

Re: Bulk user Assignment To course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can assign users to a particular course when you upload them via csv by adding the field course1 and using the shortname of the course . (You can also put them into groups in that course by using group1 and the name of the course)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sudip Das -
Thanks Mary for your reply.

It is not clear to me. Please say details step. I have attached a xcel sheet. please see that and tell me is it that what you want to say. Another thing i have changed in uploaduser.php inside admin folder in moodle. is there any requirement for change in database?

Another thing how can create user group? please explain me. I am new in moodle. So please help.
Thanks.
In reply to Sudip Das

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
HI Sudip -well if you are new to Moodle then leave groups alone for a moment and if you click here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Upload_users#Upload_file_format you will see the fields you need. I have pasted some of it below:

username, password, firstname, lastname, email, lang, idnumber, maildisplay, course1, group1, type1
jonest, verysecret, Tom, Jones, jonest@someplace.edu, en, 3663737, 1, Junk102, Section 1, 1
reznort, somesecret, Trent, Reznor, reznort@someplace.edu, en_us, 6736733, 0, Junk102, Section 3, 3

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sudip Das -
Thanks Mary. It work. Thank you boss again. Hoping further assistance.