Moodle 2 add a page resource

Moodle 2 add a page resource

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
When you add a page in Moodle 2 why is the Name and Description field required; yet the content is not required?

Surely the content should be required and the description optional?

This is the way round it was in 1.9 etc...

If people are in agreement, I will log it as a bug.

Jon
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: Moodle 2 add a page resource

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I didn't think the description was required - at least, you don't have to type in the description even though it says you do -and there is a setting in admin where you can change it so it isn't required. But I take your point smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Mary "you don't have to type in the description even though it says you do".

That's obviously a bug. It should not be possible to submit (and save) a form where any Required element is not filled in.

And I agree with the OP that it does not make much sense for the Page Contents to not be Required.

All this is really strange.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ok -well I have noticed this with several resources actually - it says in admin (such as with Page below) that the default is that a description is required -and it also shows the asterisk saying so when you set up the Page -but I never bother with a description and I have always managed to save and display it successfully...so, yes I suppose it is a bug Joseph
Attachment description.png
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I can see the point of being able to force a description (although I fail to see how often that option would ever be used), but I fail to see when you would ever want to make a page with no content...

I think we need to test all permutations of the page resource and file separate tracker events for each abnormality.

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by Andrew Davis -
Hi. It definitely sounds like there are one or more bugs there. Definitely raise tracker items smile