Displaying a Quizport View

Displaying a Quizport View

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon!

Long time no speak!

I have a Quizport without pre-conditions and a lot of exercises. I wondered if there is any way to make the list of exercises which appears on the first page the student sees (the one which starts with : "Please choose one of the following:") more user friendly by inserting sub-headings?

Thanks very much.

Deborahb
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Displaying a Quizport View

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,
nice to hear from you. How are you doing?

It is not really possible to do what you want to do with the QuizPort module as it is at the moment.

You could make an HTML page that looks just how you want it to look, including the menu of quizzes. However, that would be a hassle to maintain if you changed the names or ordering of your quizzes, so it will probably not suit your needs.

One long term solution would be to add settings for the menu pages in the same way that we have settings for entry and exit pages. However, whereas there is only one entry page and one exit page, the menu pages can appear any time in the flow of quizzes, so I can imagine that people may want different notices to appear on different menu pages.

A better long-term solution would be to build on the [square bracket notation] that QuizPort uses to insert media players, images and links. We could improve QuizPort so it recognized the following:
  • [QUIZPORT_MENUNEXT]
    show menu of links to available quizzes and their scores
    (unavailable quizzes are not shown)
  • [QUIZPORT_MENUNEXTONE]
    show menu of available quizzes and their scores
    with a link to the next unattempted quiz
    (unavailable quizzes are not shown)
  • [QUIZPORT_MENUALL]
    show menu of links to all quizzes and their scores
    (unavailable quizzes are listed too, but with no link)
  • [QUIZPORT_MENUALLONE]
    show menu of all quizzes and their scores
    with a link to the next unattempted available quiz
You could put these anywhere in an html file and they would be replaced with the appropriate menu.

It may be useful to allow other information to be inserted, such as information about grades and scores...
  • [QUIZPORT_GRADE]
  • [QUIZPORT_UNITGRADE]
  • [QUIZPORT_UNITATTEMPTGRADE]
  • [QUIZPORT_QUIZSCORE]
  • [QUIZPORT_QUIZATTEMPTSCORE]
However, none of this has been implemented. In other words, there is something to look forward to, but not much that can be done at the moment.

best regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Displaying a Quizport View

by Deborah Delin -
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reflections on this!

I think I will make an HTML page as you suggest, and look forward to the more efficient solution you outline being implemented in the future.

Regards,

Deborah