1 day courses

1 day courses

by PA Leimbach -
Number of replies: 6
I have been tasked with trying Moodle out on our campus. What I am looking for is a way to list 1 day topic classes (teach faculty) by start and stop date and start and stop time as in 8/1/2010 9am - 8/1/2010 10am, I've looked through the boards but haven't really found anything relevant. Can someone help point me in the right direction.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to PA Leimbach

Re: 1 day courses

by Vijay N -
To do the above steps, once Moodle is installed, you will need to create a course and on the settings section setup the time line for the course/ course duration. This is a straight forward process...

Under Site Administration, go to Courses/ add/ edit courses and then "add course category" and then "add course" within the category. The settings will be within the process of creating a course.
In reply to Vijay N

by PA Leimbach -
I have no problem setting up a class or catagory. However setting date and times are a mystery. Of course trying to fix it we've crashed the system, again! Seems like with moodle if you look at it wrong it crashes. This will be our 3rd rebuild!
In reply to PA Leimbach

by Vijay N -
that sounds wierd....it shouldn't do that, considering I have been setting courses for like forever....Under settings (after your course is created) look for the label:- Course start date.....
In reply to Vijay N

by PA Leimbach -
yes it has a start date but list it as one week long class. Since this is a one day one shot class for a whopping 2 hours this doesn't work for us and I can't find mod's to fix this issue either. Sorry but when you list things as a week long and their not, it really confuses people!

Guess I'll have to crack open the books and build my own database solution. Since the whole list is already in Access and I can't find a way to import it eitherangry
In reply to PA Leimbach

by Vijay N -
err, the course start date tell u when the course will start while course enrolment duration will let enrolment happen within the course time line and dont forget to tell your users about the 1 day course via the summary box which will be listed in the course category area (besides the course)

Sorry but I don't see where the problem lies....there is no week range limit you can make the enrolment a day long if you want to..and then delete after a day..

BTW this is for moodle version 1.8 and 1.9...dunno about previous versions.....
In reply to Vijay N

by E. L. Cooper -
I think what is happening is you are setting the course to weekly. Set it to topic with a 24 hour window.