The edit User Profiles function is not working.

The edit User Profiles function is not working.

by Clarence Prudhoe -
Number of replies: 3

I am testing Moodle 2.0 Preview 4+ (Build: 20100708) on a Linux/Appache server.  I am using the Formal White Theme.

When I tried to add a field to the User Profile at Administration>Users>Accounts>User Profile Fields, I encountered several problems.

1. The only active button is <Create a new profile category>
  2. It allow me to create an new profile category under the existing "Course ID Name" and under "User Profile Fields".
  3. I Selected "Create a New Profile Field" from drop down list, but there was no action to create a new profile field.
  4. I attempted to delete the new categories I had created and I got this error message:
    "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Heading level must be an integer between 1 and 6."

Thanks,

Clarence

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

Re: The edit User Profiles function is not working.

by Clarence Prudhoe -

I failed to mention that I am using IE-8.

Attached is a screenshot of the User Profile Fields page.

Attachment edit_User_Profile_Page.png
In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

Re: The edit User Profiles function is not working.

by Clarence Prudhoe -

Hi, I looked at this again and found that in the latest version, Moodle 2.0 Preview 4+ (Build: 20100713), I can add the user profile fields.

However, when I tried to add a new user, I found that it will not save the new user to the database.

It gives me an error message "error writing to database".  When I looked at the data, i see that the new user has NOT been added.

Clarence