Front page groups/site pages groups

Front page groups/site pages groups

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In Moodle 2.0 -could someone explain this to me please -when you'd need it? My brain is tired
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Front page groups/site pages groups

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
So does nobody have any good examples of why you might use this?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
A use case I know would be useful in my institution would be to create a staff side-wide group, which can then be added to any staff-specific/only courses.

Then, rather than hunting for each member of staff for each course, just add them to the site-wide group, et voila... they are added to the correct courses auto-magically.

At least, that's my understanding of the feature after playing around with it on a 2.0 dev site (Site Administration > Users > Accounts > Cohorts) approve
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Danny Wahl -
That's my thoughts too - using physical divisions (staff students) in the virtual environment. E.g. having news/announcements that are only visible to campus teachers or something like that.