Non-editing teachers,Teachers appears in the list..

Non-editing teachers,Teachers appears in the list..

by umesh chavan -
Number of replies: 5
hello

when we upload an assinment for a course the students upload their submition files back.
now when teacher wnats to grade them we find all the students along with teachers and non-editing teachers listed in the list.

Ideally the teachers and non-editing teachers names should not reflect in the list of students...

how to achive this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to umesh chavan

Re: Non-editing teachers,Teachers appears in the list..

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Umesh
It sounds like you're saying the teachers and non-editing teachers are listed in the assignment submissions screen?

It sounds like these roles have the ability to submit to an assignment - Submit assignment mod/assignment:submit (the default is that they can't) either in the entire site or this course. To remove the teacher & non-editing teachers from the submissions screen change this capability to 'Inherit' via the Assign Roles link on the course Admin menu - Override Permissions - Teacher. It's under the 'Assignment' section.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. It's possible you have these roles set as graded roles in the gradebook default. If you go to site admin>Grades>General settings, make sure you only have students selected there.
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by umesh chavan -

Hii Teresa,

Sorry to reply so late.....

I dont know but when we upgraded moodle the problem ihas been resolved. Teachers and Non editing Teachers use to appear in the grading list and even in the attendance module, where only appearance of students is expected.....now I am using moodle1.9.11

Thanks

Umesh

In reply to umesh chavan

by Rebecca Barrington -

We are having the same thing in Moodle 2 (Moodle 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110330)) with the teacher appearing in the list when you go to grade assignments.

The graded roles is set to only 'student' and, as expected, the teachers DO NOT show up in the gradebook.

I have also checked the teachers ability to submit assignments in the role permissions and this is not set to allow.