Line Break

Line Break

by Tianna Tagami -
Number of replies: 4
How do I force line breaks in the equation below? (I put in extra breaks here so you can see where I need the line breaks.)

$\usepackage[usenames]{color}\mathbf{\textcolor{blue}3\mbox{ (}=\frac{3}{1}\mbox{ ) is the divisor}

\frac{1}{3}\mbox{ is the reciprocal of the divisor}

\frac{3}{4}\mbox{ is the dividend}}
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tianna Tagami

Re: Line Break

by Mauno Korpelainen -
In editor you can simply add $ to the beginning of line and to the end of line - then press enter in keyboard to get </p> (or shift enter to get <br>) and enter another notation...or if you are not using editor

<p>
$\usepackage[usenames]{color}\mathbf{\textcolor{blue}3\mbox{ (}=\frac{3}{1}\mbox{ ) is the divisor}$
<br />
$\frac{1}{3}\mbox{ is the reciprocal of the divisor}$
<br />
$\frac{3}{4}\mbox{ is the dividend}}$
</p>

Attachment lines.gif
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Tianna Tagami -
That's how I ended up doing it. Only I have to include the
$\usepackage[usenames]{color}\mathbf{\textcolor{blue}

at the beginning of each line again to have the color apply, right?
In reply to Tianna Tagami

by Mauno Korpelainen -

That's the way how that version of script can handle colors - with Latex color package. In a way Latex is like html ( <font color="#ff0000"><b>colors</b></font> or <span style="color:red"><strong>colors</strong></span> ) - it looks simple when you see it but formatting requires different kinds of complex commands or workarouds...

Note that there is no standard way in this color case: In tex filter you need to add \usepackage[usenames]{color} to preamble of tex filter settings to be able to use \textcolor - if your distribution of Latex (like Tex Live) has color package installed - and then you would not need to use \usepackage[usenames]{color} in actual tags.

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Tianna Tagami -
I honestly don't know what "distribution of Latex" means. I really am a newb. It's working like a charm with the file and code you gave me. Just being able to have the equations show up in the colors I want regardless of MathML or image fallback is fantastic. I really appreciate your help. I hope that soon I will be knowledgeable enough to start contributing in a meaningful way to these boards.