Big Blue Button

Big Blue Button

by Shaun Jackson -
Number of replies: 4
I have been trying to install bigbluebutton as a Moodle activity for the last few days. I have tried/searched all doc's and forums and have not resolved this issue. I would say I am not very literate in computers, well with website/LMS installs which may add to the issue. I have manually created a BBB folder and copied all contents from the install folders into the /mod folder. It is recognised as being there but I get the following error - Module "bigbluebutton" is not readable - check permissions - when I log into the home page, and - Module bigbluebutton: /home/coachi18/public_html/e-Learning/mod/bigbluebutton/version.php was not readable - in the Site Admin/notifications. HELP!!!!!!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaun Jackson

Re: Big Blue Button

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
At the risk of being facetious.... have you checked the permissions?

The directory and all its contents must be readable by the web server. As the rest of your Moodle site works, the easiest thing to do is to make them the same. Check the ownership as well - that should match too.

Failing that... you did something wrong installing the module and some or all of the files are missing. Check, for a start, that the version.php file it is complaining about is really there.

by Vijay N -
Hi,

I installed Big blue button only yesterday, no problem with installation and detection.

Basically the steps I took was downloading the zip file to a local disk then unzipping it, you may find a biglbluebutton folder inside another bigbluebutton folder. Only one bigbluebutton folder (the inner folder) has to be copied to the mod folder (along with the lang information copied to the lang equivalent folder).
In reply to Vijay N

by Shaun Jackson -
Thanks vijay xtreem, that worked fine. Where, however do I get the Security Salt? I've read the instructions but ????? I'm a dummy.

by Vijay N -
Are you referring to the password salt. That is a combination of characters-40. The generator can produce it automatically on this moodle.org site. You can add that in your config.php file inside the
moodle folder for your website. Its a single line code.
Information on settings this up is here:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/report/security/report_security_check_passwordsaltmain