Presentation of a CLASS Offline - Is it Possible to Freeze the Dates?

Presentation of a CLASS Offline - Is it Possible to Freeze the Dates?

by Erlyn Baack -
Number of replies: 2

I have a class ending shortly and can backup the class and restore it on my laptop using EasyPHP.  When I restore a class on localhost though, I see that the dates keep rolling along, but is it possible to FREEZE the dates where they were when the class was backed up and restored?

I've seen at least two long threads about presenting Moodle using USB and CD, but this is different in that I would like to stop time from passing ( wink yes! ) in a course once it's saved and backed up locally.  Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erlyn Baack

Re: Presentation of a CLASS Offline - Is it Possible to Freeze the Dates?

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

Are you using the weekly course format? I think it's not possible to stop time, but you might use a small trick to make it look like you've stopped itwink.

The workaround is to change the course format to topics and then write the dates (as they were at backup time) in the introduction fields of the topics.

In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Presentation of a CLASS Offline - Is it Possible to Freeze the Dates?

by Erlyn Baack -

The course is a weekly course, and I tried the topics format as you suggested, but the "last time the user logged on" keeps rolling along.  I think I'll just reset Moodle not to drop students for a year and leave the quizzes open for a year; it'll be no problem!

Thanks for the suggestion though. wink