Moodle is installed....now what???

Moodle is installed....now what???

by Russell Wright -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Moodle and have been tasked with getting it going on our Windows Server.  Currently it is on an Apple Server.  I'm simply curious to know what should I do first to get things going a little further than this local install.  I used WebPI for the install, and that went pretty well.  I can use my browser to access Moodle.

Our setup is basically Moodle 1.9, MySQL 5.1, and PHP 5.  I'm clueless as to what to do next.  I did create a user within MySQL, but cannot use this as a login for Moodle.  Is this the right procedure for creating users for Moodle?  I hope this kinda gives an idea of where I am, and where I need to be.  Can anyone advise me on this?  Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Wright

Re: Moodle is installed....now what???

by Garren Shannon -
Start with a few books. Packet Publishing makes a couple of books that we have used in both learning admin stuff and How-To's. There are literally thousands of YouTube videos as well on how to "use Moodle".

Then get a bunch of books for your teachers. They will need training. Remember that PD is the most important part of any project like this.

This site should give you a good starting point. http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=7246

Remember that nobody is going to start off running in Moodle if they don't have experience with it. They will start by posting some static docs first, then try a forum or two... maybe a few links to web sites.

Later they will try an on-line quiz, add advanced content, some lessons or choices and maybe a glossary. It will take time to grow into it so start slow and get some guide books to help YOU learn what it can do so you can teach others how to use it.

Hope that helps smile