Cloze question and tex formulas

Cloze question and tex formulas

by Livia Spini -
Number of replies: 5
I need to insert tex formulas in a cloze multichoiche, for example I'd like write:

{1:MULTICHOICE:$C\widehat AE$#No! ~$C\widehat BF$#No! ~$C\widehat BA$#No!~$F \widehat B A$#No! ~=$C\widehat AB$#Good!}

but it doesn't work. With tex it produces the same string I wrote (with dollar symbols), with JsMath interpreter I see the string I wrote, but without the initial and final symbols ($, or \(, \)...)

How can I get the right formatted images in cloze box?

I've written the formulas above with only one dollar instead of two, so that they were not processed.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Livia Spini

Re: Cloze question and tex formulas

by Jeff Forssell -
You can't get HTML formatting and TEX filtering into a dropdown. This is a browser limitation. A lot of matematical expressions (one line types) can be gotten with the proper Unicode (UTF-8) characters. Maybe the "widehat letters" are among them. But I didn't see it with a quick look.

Couldn't you approximate $$C\widehat AE$$ with CÂE ? but that won't help nicely with C^BF and other non vowels.

Otherwise you might be able to use the MCH or MCV variants of CLOZE and try TeX there. I haven't tried that with TeX, so I don't guarantee.
In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Livia Spini -
Thanks, Jeff.

CÂE is ok for angles, but I'd like use other tex notation, for example $$ AB \cong BC$$.
I'll try MCH and MCV (I don't know them).
Thanks.
In reply to Livia Spini

by Livia Spini -
With MCH TeX notation in cloze works! grande sorriso
But.... I'm trying to build guided proof of Euclidean geometry for my students. The final look of the text I'm writing using MCH is no good, it appears untidy.

In reply to Livia Spini

by Jeff Forssell -
Glad that you have confirmed that TeX works in MCH!

I don't suppose MCV would look any tidier, but I would have to know what your question is more in detail.
In reply to Livia Spini

by Miroslav Fikar -
What we do in this situation is to move choices outside MULTICHOICE as follows:

Choose one letter as correct answer
A: $C\widehat AE$
B: $C\widehat BF$
C: $C\widehat BA$
D: $F \widehat B A$
E: $C\widehat AB$
{1:MULTICHOICE:A#No! ~B#No! ~C#No!~D#No! ~=E#Good!}