Forumpost Email CSS

Forumpost Email CSS

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 2
there's an element that's added to the forum posts that are mailed out if you're subscribed to receive individual posts (or maybe the other settings too?) that doesn't appear when viewing the posts online:

example

Please ignore the white vertical line on the right: that's actually my scroll bar, but what I'm trying to point out is the ~12px tall black vertical line that's clearly some kind of border-right attribute. And the thing is - this appears in the email I receive from moodle.org and the upcoming AU moodlemoot - so I'm guessing it's a standard theme thing.

anybody have a slick way of debugging HTML in e-mail?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: Forumpost Email CSS

by Danny Wahl -
well I figured it out - and it is some CSS from "standard":

#email .unsubscribelink {
border-style: solid;
border-width: 0 1px 0 0;
margin-top: 20px;
text-align: center;
}

So I just took that and added this to my theme's CSS:

#email .unsubscribelink {
border-style: none;
border-width: 0;
}

Also - to do this (again answering my own question) I imported the message from Mail to Thunderbird and said "Save as File -> Html". It still saved it as .eml, so a changed it to .html and opened it in firefox then I could use firebug. I still don't know why the reason for the right-hand only border...
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: Forumpost Email CSS

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Daniel,

Glad you fixed the email CSS, I had forgotten about that. I remember reading about email CSS on some other thread...maybe in some other Moodle forum even.

As for the bar, it looks like it could be the end of the Navbar as it's in or about that area of the screen. Or something from the header or profile block that slipped down.

Mary