HOTPOT & Files

HOTPOT & Files

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 7

Why is there no HP module on the 2.0 on the QA site?
Will QZPT be integrated in the final 2.0 version?
How can we test the file repository features across courses?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: HOTPOT & Files

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. HP is there on Moodle 2.0 but it needs its eye opening to display it

I don't know if Quizport will be integrated but my understanding is that it will be made to work as a contributed module.

by Philippe Decloitre -

A few more questions:

When the " Manage files used by editor" link is used, we're shown a series of options among which "URL downloader" which probably does not mean what it says, but rather it chooses or copie a URL, right?

When were a shown the option to select among the "server files", does it mean we are actually downloading the file to the current course or just its URL? _I could not assess that point by testing since the version I tried did not go through the whole process. I am just trying to get to grips with where is what...

Many thanks

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think URL downloader will download items from a webpage - I tried with a couple and it offered me the images which were on that page to download.
I am not sure about server files - I think, because of the new way files are handled in Moodle 2.0 it just references the file you want so it displays in your course. It will be stored in the database with a code that can be used in several courses rather than the actual file itself being replicated several times in Moodle and using up more space.
Hope that helps _ I am still learning about Moodle 2.0 myself.

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
> Why is there no HP module on the 2.0 on the QA site?

The HotPot module is currently undergoing intensive development at Moodle HQ to get it compliant with the Moodle 2.0 API. No doubt it will become available on the QA site in due course once the new API calls are in place and the HotPot module works well with Moodle 2.0

> Will QZPT be integrated in the final 2.0 version?\

Not in 2.0, but probably in 2.1