Blackboard import - supported versions??

Blackboard import - supported versions??

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can anybody tell me what versions of Blackboard are compatible with the BB import feature in Moodle.

More specifically - will the latest/recent BB version 9 work?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Blackboard import - supported versions??

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Howard,

If you're talking classic Blackboard and not the Webct rebranded vista thing - this script here is the latest amount of work that might work:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=147948#p647029

I haven't heard of anyone that has tried it on Blackboard 9 yet but it might be ok if BB haven't changed the format too much?
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Cheers Dan,

I hope I'm talking about Blackboard - it seems vaguely how I remember it. Just to be certain does anybody know how to identify Blackboard from reworked WebCT?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
it's pretty crazy - Blackboard have too many products under the same brand name...

from what I can see Blackboard 9 only seems to apply to the classic Blackboard product - I think the latest version of the WebCT stuff rebranded is Blackboard Vista 8

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Howard Miller -
Makes sense.

It looks like BB9 import is a bust. Moodle doesn't recognise the files as Blackboard at all. Command line zip won't unzip them and the LSU converter makes a valiant attempt but looses too much stuff in the conversion (e.g. all the files).