Verify Site on Google Please Help

Verify Site on Google Please Help

by robert meier -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to verify my site so that it will be indexed on Google. Despite all my efforts it will not verify. Is there some type of access that you have to enable in order for it to be verified?

I am following the directions exactly:
Meta tag Upload an HTML file Add a DNS record

1. Download the verification file.

2. Upload the file to my site.

3. Confirm successful upload.

4. Click the verify button below.

and each time I come up with an error message: 404 not found,The resource requested could not be found on this server!

Any suggestions???

Thanks

(Edited by Helen Foster by request of poster to remove link - original submission Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 06:58 PM)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert meier

Re: Verify Site on Google Please Help

by Stephan Green -
When I tried to view http://www.careercourse101.com/googlea545e1bb6c2f4be2.html in my browser I got 404 not found.

I just refreshed the page before submitting this reply, and the file is now there!

Does that mean it's now worked OK?
In reply to Stephan Green

by robert meier -
I finally got it verified but when I do a google search it is not there. Do I have to wait a while? Also I don't want the searches to come up on google from the moodle forum. Is there any way to delete old posts or request moodle to delete my old posts from google search? Thankssmile
In reply to robert meier

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi theresmile It will take a few days for the googlebots to find your site so don't expect it to come up as soon as you've uploaded your file.
In reply to robert meier

by Dale Davies -
As you're using Webmaster tools keep an eye on the reports in there, when you start seeing some data then your site should begin to appear on Google.

It may not perform particularly well for your keywords yet, but you should be able to find it soon by entering your domain name into the Googlesearch box.