File download problem

File download problem

by Conor Starrs -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could help.

I have about 10 powerpoints (around 2.5MB in size) on Moodle using 'Link to a file or web site' in which I uploaded from my mac. I am able to log in and download the files from the course on my mac without any trouble, however most of the audience of which the powerpoints are for are getting an error message when they try to download them. It is worth noting at this point that they are all on Windows XP machines.

The message they get is simply "Could not open 'http://www.mymoodlesite.com/file.php/106/testing/powerpoint.ppt'"

That message is displayed when they choice 'open' rather than 'save'. When 'save' is selected, the message is "Internet explorer cannot download powerpoint.ppt from www.mymoodlesite.com. Internet explorer was not able to the Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later"

Has anybody ever come across this or have any suggestions? I would be very grateful for your help.

Thank you.

Conor.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Conor Starrs

Re: File download problem

by Declan McAnulty -
Hello Conor,

I too am having the same trouble with Moodle as the exact same messages are being displayed for me which has become a major issue and was wondering if anyone had any solutions or if you have found out what the problem was?

Many Thanks, Declan.