About BigBlueButton

About BigBlueButton

by Carmen L Hernandez -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, my college is interested in using this application, does anyone knows if it is working within Moodle? We have Moodle in a hosting service, does this application has any specific Moodle server's  requirement, besides the bigbluebutton server?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Carmen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carmen L Hernandez

Re: About BigBlueButton

by Luc Richard -
Hi Carmen.

The official Moodle plug-in for BigBlueButton is available here: http://www.dualcode.com/bigbluebutton

This plug-in enables communication between your Moodle 1.9.7+ and BigBlueButton server. There are no other specific requirements - it should just work.

If you don't have a BBB server setup (or would prefer a hosted solution), the plug-in gives you an option to subscribe to a commercially hosted BBB server, but that is strictly optional. You can point the plug-in to any BBB server you wish.

Luc
In reply to Carmen L Hernandez

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have it working. It is by far the best open source web conferencing software I have used. It is very easy to setup and get running too!
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by John St -
Chris, are you archiving (somehow) the conferencing/chats when students are involved?
In reply to John St

by Buddy Ethridge -
I echo the above question. We are in the process of testing BBB and will very likely move it into our production instance soon. We would love some form of archiving, but even without it, it is a huge improvement over the (often flaky) chat function currently in Moodle.
In reply to John St

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
There is no current function in BBB to do this. I have chatted with the developers and they say it is part of the roadmap.