stack installation php add engine

stack installation php add engine

by mike thiem -
Number of replies: 5
Hi i have installed stack on ubuntu 10.04, moode 1.9+ , all tests are fine but when i attempt to add another question engine using opaque addengine all i get is a blank screen , help..........
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mike thiem

Re: stack installation php add engine blank page

by mike thiem -
Still trying to fix, other google messages refer to apache2 error logs, i checked there and the blank page problem doesnt report. Is there somewhere that stack or moodle stores error logs.
In reply to mike thiem

by mike thiem -
Ok not there yet but discovered that this is called the "blank page of death" and is something to do with PHP, i also discovered that one should change php.ini files to report more errors, simply change an "off" to an "on" in the error reporting section ,
still nothing......
Then someone on a drupal forum suggested resetting cookies, and wow here is the error
"Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoodleQuickForm_hidden::MoodleQuickForm_hidden() in /var/www/moodle/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/element.php on line 363 " , anyone out there who can help with this now.

I also realised that in moodle admin i switched debugging on, this error also has lots of posts in the forum so hopefully im on my way to a fix
In reply to mike thiem

by mike thiem -
weeeeeee hhaaaabig grinbig grin finally i got it.
One of the solutions to the above error was to either downgrade php or upgrade moodle, i chose to upgrade moodle from 1.95 to 1.98. Some hiccups like 404 moodle not found, but eventually it sorted. Tried the opaque select engine and was no longer getting blank screen but.......given this instruction

External web applications such as Moodle can access STACK through the following URL.
Replace localhost with explicit 127.0.0.1.

http://127.0.0.1/stack-dev/opaque/soapServer.php

i took it to read that i should use 127.0.0.1 not local host, and it didnt work
just for the hell of it i changed the url to local host and weeeee haaa suddenly a connection
. Hope this helps some people , now to get authoring questions