About replicating/mirroring Moodle Database

About replicating/mirroring Moodle Database

by Ashraf Aziz -
Number of replies: 1

First i want to start by saying.. im very new to using moodle and i already spent days to find a solution to my problem

I configured a Master/Slave database replication, and replicated the moodle database. i installed moodle (hardy heron) on both the master and slave server.

Right before opening the browser to complete installation, i configured the master/slave replication on 'moodle' database. After i completed installing moodle, all the database has been replicated to the slave server. then i finished installing moodle at the slave server and noticed that it automatically skipped the part where it insert all the databases since it had already been replicated earlier.

i tried editing things on the master server and it replicated on the slave server.. but,

The first problem i realized  is that i cannot login using the slave server.

The second problem is the replication automatically stops after 3-5minutes.

Im also wondering if i configure using master/master repilication, will this problem still occur?

I hope anybody can provide me a solution or at least point me in the right direction..Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashraf Aziz

Re: About replicating/mirroring Moodle Database

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Err... Why?

What are you actually trying to achieve?

Master/Slave database replication is the solution to some things, but why would you ever connect a web server to the slave database?