How do users register to take a course?

How do users register to take a course?

by Jared White -
Number of replies: 1
I'm not sure if Moodle is the correct application for this, but we want users to be able to "register" for a course that we list on the course sections page. We want users to go to the Moodle site and just register themselves into a specific class. When playing around with the settings, I'm not sure where to look or to set something to allow users to do this. All I see is a defined list of who I want to list as registering for a course. How can I allow everyone who goes to the site to register? On my beginning screen to log in, users don't have the option to create a log in. Am I missing something here?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jared White

Re: How do users register to take a course?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If this is what you want (and remember if you enable this then in theory anyone could make a log in to your site and register for courses) then you need to go to site administration>users>authentication>manage authentication and turn on the eye of email-based self registration. This will bring up a box where users can self enroll. You might also like to look at the Captcha option or restricting registration to certain email addresses in order to make your site secure.