Needs some guidance

Needs some guidance

by Jerome Jacobsen -
Number of replies: 0
Hello all,

I'm completely new to Moodle. Our client has a Moodle 1.9.2 site hosted by some hosting service. We have a system that needs to manage enrolments in that Moodle.

It appears to me that my option is to use the XML-RPC that is documented here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Web_services_API.

However I'm having a hard time figuring out what I need to do to even perform the simplest test from looking at the document.

Our system is written in Java. Does anyone have a test Java client that they can share with me? One that uses any of the available functions would be good, especially enrolment functions.

I'm assuming that I won't need to write any PHP to use the available enrolment functions. Is that correct?

As for encryption, we will be doing this over SSL from our system to their webserver. So we shouldn't require encryption in the Moodle itself as their webserver will be handling encryption. So from the document I gather that all we need to do in the Moodle is add our system host as a trusted host. Is that right?

As for authorization, I'm at a loss as to what to do from reading the document. Do I need to pass some username/password in order to manage enrolments? Or is it enough to have our host IP address registered as a trusted host in Moodle?

Thanks in advance.

Jerome

Average of ratings: -