Quiz in quizport reverts back to beginning of quiz

Quiz in quizport reverts back to beginning of quiz

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Gordon

Because of insistance from colleagues, I have had to reformat the way I display quizzes- meaning I have now put each quiz into an individual quizport (pain in the a, but it appeases my colleagues). The problem is when I go to do a quizport (that now only contains one quiz), and upon completion, it reverts back to the beginning of the quiz. I have put a 2min delays between attempts. You can view an example at http://elsat.osaka-shoin.com/moodle/course/view.php?id=16  ( or any other quizport for that matter on the site).

I don't know whether it has anything to do with the way I constructed each quizport. To explain:I turn on editing and add a quizport from the activities. On this page I add my link to course files via the source file, and then save. (In a "normal" quizport construction, where I would have a number of quizzes,  I would do the above, but would add my quizzes via the "edit quizzes" tab).

When I click on edit quiz tab, I do see the one quiz there...

Am I going to have to add a post-condition like "end of unit" to each of these quizports? (Hopefully not- because that would be a real pain!)

Cheers

Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Quiz in quizport reverts back to beginning of quiz

by robert maran -

Hi Gordon

I think I have worked it out.... I needed to add the delay info under in the "edit quiz" page as well it seems. Now I get the message "You are temporarily not allowed to re-attempt the quiz". (Is there anyway to automatically go back to the course page instead of getting this message?)

Robert

In reply to robert maran

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,
how about if you set "Show exit page" to "Yes", and have the exit pge show a link to the next QuizPort in the course? That way they could go smoothly from one QuizPort  to the next.
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Robert,
I have had a look at the "Corect Respones" QuizPort and tried a few settings. It certainly does not behave as one wold expect. To be honest, I have not experimented very much with QuizPorts that only contain one quiz. I will look into it further and report back.
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Robert,
I made a test QuizPort on my site that contained only one quiz. Lo and behold, it works as one might hope! That is to say, after finishing the quiz the user is returned to the course page surprise

Using exactly the same quiz file, I created a similar QuizPort on your server, and it did not return to the course page. It behaved as you describe in your original post angry

It could be that a change I made to QuizPort on Tuesday (March 30th) is important. The latest version of QuizPort is 2008033164. Please could you update to that version and let me know if the behavior of your QuizPorts improves. I hope and believe it will.

regards
Gordon

by robert maran -
Hi Gordon
My last post with my scenarios was posted before you read you latest post- upgrade to
2008033164- so apologies for that. I will get our IT people to upgrade again, and see if the problem is cured!

Thanks

Robert

by robert maran -
Hi Gordon
Just a quick message to say the the upgrade to xxxx64 fixed the problem of the quiz reverting to the beginning again. Thanks for that!

Cheers
Robert
Average of ratings: Useful (1)