Moodle documentation: New generic page "X" examples - looking for comments

Re: Moodle documentation: New generic page "X" examples - looking for comments

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
We are exploring new ground in the effective presentation and organization of examples and we may make some false starts smile That is what innovation is all about.

I went ahead and created Category:Examples of uses, and took the Choice forum thread that had lots of wonderful examples to create Choice examples of use and started Quiz examples of use so the category would not be a one of a kind. I put links back to the Teaching and Learning course in both the category and on the new pages. These pages may get deleted or morph into something else.

The Recipe database (Examples of use) in the Teaching and Learning course is going to be interesting. Potentially we should be able to give a one or two line tease on a MoodleDocs "example page", with a link to the Recipe entry which will have more detail. I also see it flowing the other way.

Especially at the start of this "new" phase, it is important not to impose the language of "how to" in the language of "examples of use". The linking between the two can take place and almost be transparent, where if you don't want to know, you will not see the other language smile

We can wait before we start to crossing linking these docs.moodle example pages internally in MoodleDocs. Who know, maybe a glossary of terms in Teaching and Learning course might be a better bridge of the language.

My thoughts - adapt and change.

Chris