Interview for a new job!

Interview for a new job!

by Neda Eraghi -
Number of replies: 3
I have worked with Moodle before.
I want to go to interview for a new job and they asked me to have a presentation about the topic I have played a significant part in.
what does it mean actually?
Can you help me please.

Regards
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neda Eraghi

Re: Interview for a new job!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You say you have worked with Moodle before. In what capacity? Did you help set it up or administrate it in an establishment? In which case, do your presentation about that -how you decided on Moodle, what your set up system was, any problems and what the advantages were, etc. Did you use it as a teacher? In which case, do your presentation about teaching with Moodle - what you did, what you found useful, how you set up your classes etc.
In reply to Neda Eraghi

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Dear Neda Eraghi,

The answer actually depends on the job nature that you have applied for.

For each nature the answer has to be tailor made.

For example if you are applying for a post which involves more on project management part then your answer should be facts supporting that.

* What were the projects,
* What were the main objective of those projects, * What role did you play, what were the challenges involved in those projects for you(management perspective),
* How did you go about solving them,
and
* What do you consider a major achievement in each of those projects what difference did it bring with respect to the project, team, yourself as well the organisation

You do not necessarily have had the similar or the very same work nature in your past but even though if you analyze you would have done some part of management at-least for the tasks given to you.

and giving some info like to which client was the project for, Team size, Duration, Technologies and Tools used are considered mandatory in some places even if not having them might add more value

Even better to show some testimonials if any.

Let me know if this helped, if you need more detailed overview or any help do not hesitate to ask smile

In reply to Neda Eraghi

by Alex Smith -

Do you want to know what "MOODLE" actually means (as in what does it stand for)?

Moodle stands for: Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment

Good luck with your interview.

Alex