Urgent Deadline Help Needed: Changing Topics 1

Urgent Deadline Help Needed: Changing Topics 1

by Jennie Lawrence -
Number of replies: 2
Hi, I have tried to change the Topics 1 section several different ways and I have a deadline of this coming Wednesday.

1. Went to format.php in the TopColl mod and tried to change the lines around 200 - 202 without any success in change at all ; as well as, the lines around 222

2. Went to language folder to change format_topcoll.php to change the Toggle - no success there either ..

3. Went to Site Administrative > Language > Language Editing > Edit words or Phrases > moodle.php > nametopic : NO luck in changing the word TOPIC to something different

4. Went to Site Administrative > Language > Language Editing > Edit words or Phrases > format topcoll.php : YES I could change the word TOGGLE to other words

QUESTION:

How do I go about changing the word TOPIC as in Example 3, or 2, or 1 ??

Thank you, Jennie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennie Lawrence

Re: Urgent Deadline Help Needed: Changing Topics 1

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Jennie,

Sorry for the delay, only just picked up on your post title as not obvious in the subject that you were talking about Collapsed Topics wink

The solution is your point 3 but look further down the list for 'topic' and not 'namedtopics', the former is the one that format.php uses. This will change the name for all topics including the default topics course format. If this causes a problem, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

What version of Moodle are you using?

Cheers,

Gareth
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Urgent Deadline Help Needed: Changing Topics 1

by Jennie Lawrence -
Hi Gareth for that particular Moodle it was 1.9.6; I had someone from the rooms pay me to do a upload and install job for him on TopColl that I had found a small solution for last year. However, he did not want it to say Topics 1; but, _______ 1 or something else instead ...

Thanks for your suggestion. I will see if I can get it to work as you have described .. Grateful that you answered ..

Jennie