Glossary - approval error

Glossary - approval error

by Gerry Bolger -
Number of replies: 4
I am using Topic based teaching, as following a structure pre-printed book. I have decided to have a Master Glossary, and then for each subject, a topic based glossary, where students 'define words they have come across for the first time. I then rate them.

This has been working fine until recently when I tried to update rates into the system and I get the message 'This is not a avid entry'
How do I overcome this.

I had restricted this to a time frame but have removed this.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerry Bolger

Re: Glossary - error when trying to approve entries

by Gerry Bolger -
Sorry - just realised the error message does not make sense - it says " This is not a valid entry"

Anyone know what to do to stop this so I can continue to rate the glossary entries?

Thanks
Gerry
In reply to Gerry Bolger

Re: Glossary - error when trying to approve entries

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is strange, there is no "This is not a valid entry" error message label anywhere in moodle (1.9). Are you absolutely certain these are the exact words you are seing? Are you using English or another language? Could you post a screenshot? Maybe there was something wrong or weird in your students' glossary entry/entries? When did you notice this happening?

In brief, since glossary ratings is generally working for moodle users, you'll have to trace the cause of the problem on your own moodle installation by all means so we can help.

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg