I need a resolution on the PPT 2007 NOT importing into Lessons; anyone?

Re: I need a resolution on the PPT 2007 NOT importing into Lessons; anyone?

by Penny Pearson -
Number of replies: 0
Ohh thank you thank you thank you all! I'm pleased that I came to a correct assumption, I just *knew* that the underlying code of MS PPT was the culprit! This particular feature is a good one for my (sometimes) technology phobic teachers. With recent upgrades to Office 2007 many do not have access to PPT 2003. Yet, they still provide the bulk of their materials in PPT. So the frustration level is high when something that worked last year, no longer works this year. sad

Stuart thank you for your clarification regarding a "bug" versus a feature request. You are right of course, and I will explore your suggestions. Also, I'll add my plea for MS to share their code to make ImportPPT work as designed.

I have not tried exporting the PPT as a PDF and will try that option first as it is a process most of my teachers would be familiar with. I am curious about converting PPT to flash and would need to find the right tools to do that (at no/low cost of course!)

I will explore the Tracker link you provided Chris, and also see about voting for improvements/upgrades to the Lesson module for version 2.0.

Thanks again to all of you - you saved me many more hours of frustration and befuddlement!
Penny