Mentor required

Mentor required

by Richard Todd -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and forum. I'm a music teacher in the UK, a regular Moodle user and am looking for someone who teaches in this subject to exchange ideas/good practice, etc.

This is less to do with the running/operation of Moodle itself, more a requirement of the CertEd course I'm in the process of completing.

Anyone, anywhere, who would be able to exchange a couple of emails about teaching music would help me out a great deal, and who knows, could be mutually beneficial in terms of sharing good practice.

Hope someone's free; thanks (in advance),

Richard Todd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Todd

Re: Mentor requir

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Richard. I'm also in the UK - are you saying you are working on a CertEd to become a qualified music teacher (what were you before?) I ask because our music teacher at our school who is currently in his second year spent many years as a peripatetic music teacher first before being an unqualified music teacher and then finally did the GTP - if any of this relates to any of what you are doing I will put you in touch. (and if none of it does, then I misunderstood about your CertEd and I wish you luck elsewhere!) He loves moodle thoughsmile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Todd -

Hi Mary,

I'm currently working on a CertEd to gain a teaching qualification as a requirement of the college I'm currently teaching in.

I have previously spent 15 years as a performing guitarist, as well as gaining a BAHons and MA in music composition/composition for Film & TV.

I think this sounds similar to your colleague's sitiation (unless I've misunderstood!)...

Cheers,

Richard

In reply to Richard Todd

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yes - sounds the same -I will ask him today and if he is Ok I will give you his email address so you can communicate with him.