New activity: checklist

Re: New activity: checklist

by Davo Smith -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Not sure about the first item - do the students have the capability 'mod/checklist:updateown'? If not, then they won't appear in the list.

The checklist doesn't support scales, only points - there is no mechanism for mapping a range of percentage complete onto a scale (whereas the fraction of ticked items is just scaled to match the maximum points configured for the checklist).

In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: New activity: checklist

by Dariusz R. -
Is it possible to change order in which items are displayed in checklist overview block?
In reply to Dariusz R.

Re: Odp: Re: New activity: checklist

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Normal checklist items can be moved. For items linked to activities, they appear in the same order as the activities in the course.

In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: New activity: checklist

by Dariusz R. -

Thank you for your reply.  I was asking about checklist overview block. I have several checklists and a checklist overview block on a main page. Is it possible to change the order in which checklists are displayed in checklist overview block?

In reply to Dariusz R.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: New activity: checklist

by Davo Smith -

There is no explicit ordering of checklists in the overview block - it just shows them in whatever order they are retrieved from the database.

It might be possible to add such functionality, but I wonder how you would want this to work - should it be based on the course sortorder, or the checklist name, or are you wanting an option to manually reorder the items (in which case, that will be a lot more complex, as it will need a UI for doing so + somewhere to store the details of the chosen sort order).

In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: New activity: checklist

by Dariusz R. -

The course sortorder is great.