New Theme - Afterburner (Moodle 1.9)

New Theme - Afterburner (Moodle 1.9)

by Patrick Malley -
Number of replies: 73

Afterburner is based on the GPL Joomla theme of the same name that was created by Rocket Theme. It includes the YUI dropdown menu, and automatically pulls the logged in user's courses into the "My Courses" dropdown. I've also used a table in the wrapper to stop unwanted layout-table overflow. Furthermore, conditional PHP is used in this theme to keep wrappers and backgrounds out of popup windows. Here it is in the database: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=26&rid=3555

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Wednesday, 17 February 2010, 06:50 PM)

Attachment screenshot.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Patrick Malley

Re: New Theme - Afterburner

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's looking good Patrick. I've just had a quick test-drive. Cool!

by Chris Delaney -
Thanks Patrick - also have had a quick look. I like it.

Just 2 things - where does it get the icons from? Are they coming from a standard moodle theme?

Also to change I can't find how to change the colour and hover over for the menu bar. Is it in the css or an image?

Thanks again.
In reply to Chris Delaney

by Patrick Malley -
I'm glad you like it.

1.) These are the standard icons that come from the core (/moodle/pix/).

2.) The menu styles are set in styles_yui_menu.css and are commented where appropriate.

New Theme - Afterburner

by afshan shahzad -

I have Afterburner as my theme for moodle and currently working on feedback module have anybody checked the module settings? its not properly worked around, no alignment, no paddings. somebosy can tell me where should i search for changing these settings?

In reply to afshan shahzad

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorry we don't fix Moodle 1.9 themes, so no idea about the feedback module.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Iroshini Ratnapala -

How to get blocks for in-course pages in Afterburner theme. The blocks are not appearing in any activity editing page in Afterburner theme. Which layout option should be changed?

My Moodle version is 2.5.

In reply to Iroshini Ratnapala

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

You need to Turn editing ON and then use ADD Blocks if you need to, then MOVE blocks to whichever side of the page. They do not appear by magic, you have to put them there.

Hope this helps?

Mary

by Peter Thomas -
Also very impressed. It's really clean looking. Well done. I'm going to have a go at changing the menu bar colour and adding the drop-downs for real places in my moodle site later today hopefully. Any tips? Thanks for making all your hard work available.

menu Afterburner

by m sinda -
Hi
i am quite new to moodle. i was just wondering why my menu displays vertically instead of horizontally. as in screen shot attached. the menu is displaying like;
home
my courses
etc..

instead of going across horizontally like home > my courses > etc..

i know its probably something simple in the menu.php file but cant work it out any ideas? i am not too concerned with drop down sub menus atm.

thanks!
Attachment menu_screen.JPG
In reply to m sinda

Re: menu Afterburner

by Mary Evans -
Are you using IE6?
In reply to Mary Evans

by m sinda -
firefox 3.5.8

In reply to m sinda

by Mary Evans -
I was thinking much on the same lines as Patrick. However, I had problems with an older version of Moodle (1.9.7) in that the YUI files needed updating.

Perhaps this might be a contributing factor with the problem you are experiencing.?

Or...perhaps you have accidentally missed off an </li> or </ul> in the menu.php file? Small changes can render strange effects in the browser!
In reply to Mary Evans

by m sinda -
updated to latest moodle and that seems to have sorted it

thanks!
In reply to m sinda

by m sinda -
does anyone know how keep the menu tabs showing even if you are not logged in to moodle. i have added new ones such as "about the company" and "contact us" but these only appear when logged in. whereas the home menu button and my courses are always visible even when logged out? any ideas?
In reply to m sinda

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you have added the new menus towards the end of the menu.php file, check that you haven't included them in the <?php if (isloggedin........ block
If you move your menu items up the file above this, with the other items that do appear when logged out then they should be fine.

Richard
In reply to m sinda

by Mary Evans -
Hi,

I've just recently downloaded Afterburner but not had time to play with the menu...but since reading your post here, I managed to get a link to show up next to the courses link on the menu before you login. I think that is what you meant?

Apologies! I've just notices that the whole of the Menu had been commented out. I don't recall seeing a notice to take out the comment tags!

To get the menu to show at all, you must first remove the comment out tags <!-- --> from the top of the menu thru to the bottom line of the menu (just before the PHP code starts).

I hope this helps. (ignore my previous post - which works if you only want two links! LOL)

Mary

This is the code I used. You will find it in menu.php right towards the bottom of the page.
I added the part shown in red. I used Moodle link just as an example.

<?php } else { ?>

<li class="yuimenubaritem"><a class="yuimenubaritemlabel" href="http://moodle.org">Moodle</a></li>

<li class="yuimenubaritem"><a class="yuimenubaritemlabel" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>/my/">My Courses</a></li>

<?php } ?>

by Geraldi Catur Pamuji -
i'm using this theme and i like it... but i have a problem to translate the menu in YUI dropdown menu to another language (i'm making a multi language LMS) please help me... thank you before
In reply to Geraldi Catur Pamuji

by Julian Whitehead -

I think this is an excellent theme - really clean and easy on the eye, however I am struggling to get it to work with the ilp module that I run on my set-up.

As part of the set-up of ilp, a css file as to be specified in the config.php, so my config.php has this addition to it:

$THEME->sheets = array('styles','ilp');

Which runs the following stylesheet:

/*
* @copyright &copy; 2007 University of London Computer Centre
* @author http://www.ulcc.ac.uk, http://moodle.ulcc.ac.uk
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU Public License
* @package ILP
*/
/* General page setting */
#blocks-ilp-view div#content {padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px;}
#blocks-ilp-view table td{margin:3px; padding:5px; }
#blocks-ilp-view table.generalbox { width:99%; }
#blocks-ilp-view div.generalbox {margin:3px; padding:5px;}
#blocks-ilp-view div.generalbox h2 {margin:0; padding:0}
/* Add new post button */
div.addbox { text-align:center; margin:5px; }
div.addbox a { border: 1px solid #000; padding:5px; }
/* Comments box */
.ilpcenter { text-align:center; }
.ilpcomment { width:85%; text-align:left; font-size:0.8em; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; padding:3px; }
.ilpcomment .commands { font-size: 0.9em; padding-top: 0.5em; text-align:right; clear: both; }
/* Student Status Colours */
h1.status-0, h2.status-0, h3.status-0, span.status-0 { color: #00984b; }
h1.status-1, h2.status-1, h3.status-1, span.status-1 { color: #ff7e00; }
h1.status-2, h2.status-2, h3.status-2, span.status-2 { color: #ff0000; }
span.status-0, span.status-1, span.status-2 { font-weight:bold; }
/* Use full-size profile image */
#blocks-ilp-view .userpicture { width: 100px; height: 100px; }
/* YUI Grid http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css */
ilp_post,.yui-t4 {margin:auto;text-align:left;width:99%;*width:99%;}
.ilp_post { margin:3px; }
.yui-t4 {border: 1px solid #ccc; padding:3px; }
.yui-b{position:relative;}
.yui-b{_position:static;}
.yui-main .yui-b{position:static;}
.yui-main{width:100%;}
.yui-t4 .yui-main {float:left;margin-right:-25em;}
.yui-t4 .yui-b{float:right;width:15.8456em;*width:15.50em;}
.yui-t4 .yui-main .yui-b{margin-right:16.8456em;*margin-right:16.55em;}
.yui-main .yui-b{float:none;width:auto;}
.yui-gd .yui-u{float:left;}
.yui-gd div.first{float:left;}
.yui-gd .yui-u{width:16%;margin-left:1.99%; }
.yui-gd .yui-u{width:80%;border-right:1px dashed #ccc;border-left:1px dashed #ccc; padding-left:2px;}
.yui-gd div.first{width:15%;border:none;}
.yui-gd div.first{margin-left:0;}
.yui-t4 .yui-b img.achieved {position: absolute; bottom:0; right:0}
.yui-t4 .yui-b ul {margin: 5px 0 5px 0; padding-left: 0; border: none;}
.yui-t4 .yui-b ul li { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 2px; border: none; list-style: none;}
.yui-t4 .yui-b ul li:before { content: "\0020 \0020 \0020 \00BB \0020"; }
.yui-t4 .yui-b .commands { font-size: 0.8em; padding-top: 0em; clear: both; }
.yui-t4 .yui-b form {display:inline;}
.yui-t4 .yui-b form select, .yui-t4 .yui-b form input {font-size:0.8em;}
.bd:after,.yui-gd:after{content:".";display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}
.bd,.yui-gd{zoom:1;}

In reply to Julian Whitehead

by Mary Evans -
Julian,

Could you not just link the ilp.css in the head of your header.html rather than add it to the config.php for the theme?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $CFG->themewww .'/'. current_theme() ?>/ilp.css" />

Also...is it my imagination, or is your css (posted above) playing havoc with your post in this forum?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Julian Whitehead -

Yep I think you are right, the ilp.css is playing havoc with it all - feel a bit daft to be honest...

That lovely bit of code - thanks, I will try it later!

Ta

Julian

by Larry Elchuck -
Hi Patrick et al.

So as not to cross-post, please look at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=148014 regarding the database activity not working properly with this theme under Moodle 1.9.8+ (at least for me)

thanks
larry
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Patrick Malley -
This is a bug in the database module, I'm sure. It's not including js.php from header.html like all other pages do. An easy solution is simply to replace the include in header.html with the full contents of js.php. I thought I had fixed this in the download but I'll have to check.

by Larry Elchuck -
That fixed it .. thanks Patrick

I must have downloaded this theme before the fix in March.
The current download does have the changed file.

Were there other files in this theme that also might have changed since it's early release?

cheers
larry
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Larry Elchuck -
I did locate the changes to other files and integrated them.

tnx

by Colette Glazebrook -
Patrick, there is still a problem with the yui menu in the database module even after the js.php was inserted into the header.html. Displays fine on the Templates, Fields, Presets and Export tabs, but in all other tabs, the display is affected (entire page is not getting the styles correctly and shows tiny type). See attached screenshot...

Attachment afterburner.jpg
In reply to Colette Glazebrook

by Mary Evans -
May I ask which version of Moodle you are using as there are two Afterburner themes. One for Moodle 1.9.x and the other for Moodle 2.0.

You mentioned js.php? This file name needs to be changed to menujs.php and also change js.php to menujs.php in the header link too.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Education Mongolia -

Hi Mary,

I have installed MAMP only today which is Moodle 1.9.9 and also installed Afterburner themes the same day.

The theme folder contains js.php, does that mean that I have the wrong version of Afterburner or vice versa?

I can't upload my new logo (the logo size is adjusted according to the image size 288 x 58 px and the new logo file name is retaining the light.php).

Also I don't know if it's a glitch or it's me being a novice Moodle user, anyhow I can't seem to find anywhere in the administration area to upload or change the All the Menus that are located in the header section. Please if you could advise me on how to begin customization of these header menus.

Thank you

In reply to Education Mongolia

by Mary Evans -

I must say at the start that I know nothing about MAMP or Moodle4Mac, but I have read this Moode Doc which recoments XAMPP rather than MAMP.

If you are using MAMP this is on your Local Mac computer and not on the internet right?  In which case you just file the image in localhost/moodle/theme/afterburner/images/ folder within MAMP, you don't have to upload it anywhere.

If you failed to open the image light.png in a graphic software package like Photoshop or the equivalent on a Mac, then you did not see the image contained more than just a logo. Also the image is png and NOT php format.

To get the your image to work you need to change the position variables to 0 0, and providing you have saved the image in the correct image format, then there is no reason it won't work.

The Afterburn downlod from New School Learning is an older version. The new version which I have updated can be downloaded HERE

I hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Colette Glazebrook

by Mary Evans -
My apologies, I was mistaking this theme for another by Patrick Malley.

However, I have tested this theme in Moodle 1.9.9 and it works perfectly with or without a database.

Might I suggest you check to see if your browser settings are set to the correct text size. You can check this in your browser menu under View.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Colette Glazebrook -
Mary, the issue appears to be that the CSS template inside the database module is acting on the YUI dropdown menu (but only for the first few database tabs). The CSS template (table tags) is changing the colors, font sizes, etc for the entire page.

by Andrew Mavich -
Hi Patrick!

I tryed to tune your beautiful theme “Afterburner” for my project.

And noticed some errors in HTML code for the page in browsers.

I use HTMLPad and it shows that even in your demo page (mane page) at your demo site there are some errors:

Line 124: div id="page" - not closed later

Line 129: tr - not closed later

Line 601 - the second /td not opened before.

Can you check this issue?

Thank you in advance. Good luck!

Andrew
In reply to Andrew Mavich

by Mary Evans -
Andrew,

If you look in the footer.html you will notice that the second </td> tag should actually read </tr> I'm sure this is a TYPO, and easily remedied...just change it!

The end page </div> is there, but not the footer bottom, although this could be governed by the php at the end of the footer.html... but I am unsure about this without consulting Patrick. It could be that there is a little play going on with that div tag.

I'll test it later and get back to you on that.

Hope this helps?

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Andrew Mavich -
Mary!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'll do corrections (tr - td) and be waiting for the decisions for (div)

Andrew
In reply to Andrew Mavich

by Mary Evans -
The footer-bottom end tag </div> appears to be missing. I don't really know why this is! I suggest you try adding a </div> before the final </div> which closes the page.

Mary

by sam kennedy -

This is SUCH a great, clean theme. That said, I’m encountering 2 glitches with the Afterburner theme in IE.

1. The yui menu drop downs appear behind any embedded media (e.g. youtube vid) I put in the topics box on my front page or course. I’ve played with the z-index to no avail.

2. When zooming in on a page the YUI menu disappears completely and the page must be refreshed manually to bring it back (at new size). It happens on your theme demo site too.

Any ideas anyone? Here's my site: http://moodle10.hrc.ac.uk

cheers.

In reply to sam kennedy

by Mary Evans -
It does not work too well in Firefox when zooming in either but it does right itself better than IE, but then IE is a pain for almost everything. I don't use IE and neither do I advocate its use. If I were you I would insist users download Firefox and use that as their default browser. But this still does not solve the problem about the menu. In fact there is no solution to it, other than using another theme!

In reply to Mary Evans

by sam kennedy -

Thanks for your thoughts, Mary.

I'm with you on the IE front, but our College is committed to using Microsoft Sharepoint for staff Intranet/ document management etc so an official move to Firefox isn't on the cards.

It's just a shame IE is so useless sad

Anyway, I reckon we'll stick with Afterburner and maybe move to Moodle 2.0 and its inbuilt drop downs next year.

In reply to sam kennedy

by Danny Wahl -
just move to Exchange/Sharepoint 2010 as OWA and sharepoint are full web apps and don't revert to a 'light' version in a non-IE browser.

Of course, editing a Moodle theme is probably a lot easier than the 2007->2010 upgrade path....
In reply to Danny Wahl

by sam kennedy -

Thanks Daniel, that's good to know. Pretty sure we'll be shifting to SharePoint 2010 in July 2011.

In reply to Mary Evans

by sam kennedy -

Hi Mary et al,

Just to say I've added the wmode parameter and set it to transparent when embedding flash movies and it solves the IE z-index problem on the front page. Bit much to expect our tutors to do it if embedding video in their courses though.

Info here.http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/ under Flash Movies appear on top of Menu instances heading.

In reply to sam kennedy

by Katie Lawe -

Hi, Im using the Menu in my theme which is a modified Afterburner theme, everything is fine until I login when using Firefox (IE is fine).  The menu system stacks ontop of its self on the left hand side and al my moodle menus are extended down the left hand side too.  If I navigate to a different screen other than the logged in homepage it seems fine (which is strange!)

See my screen shot.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many Thanks

In reply to Katie Lawe

by Mary Evans -

What modifications have been made to the theme, as this may be the cause of the menu not working properly?

Is there anyway I could view this online? If so can a temporay username and password be created and sent to me in a private message, so that I can login and take a look at the css code using Firefox and Firebug?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Katie Lawe -

Thanks Mary

Ill get one sorted out and get back to you asap

Kate

In reply to Katie Lawe

by First Name -

I am experiencing exactly the same problem right now on IE 8, Iron 21 and Firefox 25. My menu also stacks only on the login page, everything else is completely fine. Were you able to solve this problem?

In reply to First Name

by First Name -

I think I was able to narrow down this issue: 

It has something to do with https and Firefox (and other browsers) blocking active content. This explains why this issue only appears on the login page and nowhere else. (login page = https, other pages = http)

menu-core.css, yahoo-dom-event.js, container_core.js and menu.js were blocked. 

All these are mentioned in menujs.php. 

In reply to First Name

by First Name -

Opened menujs.php

First line is 

[various stuff.....]<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot[various stuff.....]

added https before www

[various stuff.....]<?php echo $CFG->httpswwwroot[various stuff.....]

did this for the lines containing yahoo-dom-event.js, container_core.js and menu.js, too

=> login menu works all fine smile

Afterburner with IE

by Edward Beckmann -

Hi Patrick

Just to echo other comments - love the theme and have customised it for a couple of instances that I use.

However I have a problem with IE (6 and 7) in that the page is miles wide and unreadable (sorry, cannot get a screenshot if this yet). I see that in both the original and November downloads ie.css is an empty file - so does anyone know where to start with ie in this one (works fine with ie8)?

I appreciate the fact that no sane person would use ie, especially older versions. However, I am up against an entire county council who will not allow upgrades or alternatives. Ironically, all the users find it fine, but the people paying for it cannot see it!

Thanks

Ed

In reply to Edward Beckmann

Re: Afterburner with IE

by Mary Evans -

Hello Ed,

You might find this article of interest, as it explains how to make changes to your CSS which hides css for new browsers but allows IE6 to read only the css meant for it.

A quick fix for the page width might be to set page width to 100%. This isn't written into the css so you would need to add it to styles.css

#page { width: 100%; margin: 0; padding:0;}

If you add this line just above #wrapper in the styles.css file it might help.

Also...and if you have not see the new Afterburner download which I added to the Themes page last week, has a couple of fixes to the main layout. One problem in the original download, which is more likely to affect IE6 was a broken table tag. There was a typo in the footer where two </td> </td> tags should have be written as </td></tr> This could well have thrown IE6 out of joint. So it may be what you need to put right in your current theme.

Let me know how you get on.

Frank has IE6 so if you could post a link to your site perhaps he might be able to help too.

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Afterburner with IE - mostly solved

by Edward Beckmann -

Hi Mary

Many thanks for the #page width - that sorted the huge page. I've also corrected the table tags and will transfer all the changes I made from the old download to the new one soon. Have set up two virtual XP machines on my PC, one on ie6 and one on ie7, for testing more thoroughly before I hear of problems.

For other people's interest, IE seemed confused about link colours, so I had to add :visited options as below (they had not been visited, but seemed to believe they were and the visited colour happened to merge into my menu bar background).

a.yuimenubaritemlabel, a.yuimenubaritemlabel:visited /* Bar item link eob must add hover & visited for ie6 */ {  padding: 5px 21px;  color: #f8b74f; /* orange */}
a.yuimenuitemlabel, a.yuimenuitemlabel:visited /* Sub item link eob */ {  padding: 4px 24px;  color: #fff;  border-bottom:1px solid #0070a6;  border-left:1px solid #0070a6;  border-right:1px solid #0070a6;  }a.yuimenuitemlabel:hover{/* eob */  color:#007eba;}

I also found that IE6 reported errors on a page where the href was just hash (href="#"), which would be the case if you only had destinations for the child menus and not the parents. This was solved by placing an anchor at the top of the page (<a href="mark"></a>) and changing the plain hashes to href="#mark" - the poor dears needed somewhere to go!

The final bit of the saga only affects ie6, in that the submenu backgrounds are bigger than the borders, if a menu has submenus which themselves have submenus. I'll give this a bit of time but cannot justify more, unless anyone has more bright ideas (I do not know of a designer plugin for ie6, where I could inspect an element and alter the css in real time, like you can in chrome and firefox.

The offending site is www.sw4y.co.uk/moodle/ for those who want to look and play.

Thanks everyone

Ed

In reply to Edward Beckmann

by Davood Rahimi Kinchaa -

Hi,

How can I make verical lines between menu items

In reply to Davood Rahimi Kinchaa

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

You could try adding a border to the left and right of the li section of your styles_menu. Something like...

.yuimenubar li.first-of-type .yuimenubaritemlabel {
border-left:0; border-right: 1px solid #269; /* no border on the first bar item link */
}
.yuimenubar li .yuimenubaritemlabel { border-right: 1px solid #269; border-left: 1px solid #069;}

HTH

Mary

by Victoria Benjamin -

Hi Patrick.  I love your theme!

I have encountered a few problems that I can't solve with the drop downmenus and I hope someone can help as I've searched everywhere for this solution.

I am currently running Moodle 1.9.10 on a GoDaddy Linux self install.  I have completely modified your theme to my css styles and had no problems.  I have modified the code for the menu.php to go to an alternate home page.

Code here:
<div id="dropdown" class="yuimenubar yuimenubarnav">
<div class="bd">
<ul class="first-of-type">
<li class="yuimenubaritem first-of-type"><a class="yuimenubaritemlabel" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>/my/index_home.php">Home</a></li>
<?php if (isloggedin() && $USER->username != 'guest') { ?>
<li class="yuimenubaritem"><a class="yuimenubaritemlabel" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>/my/">Courses</a>
<div class="yuimenu">
<div class="bd">
<ul>
<?php
if ($courses = get_my_courses($USER->id, 'visible DESC, fullname ASC')) {
foreach ($courses as $course) {
if ($course->id == SITEID) {
continue;
}
$linkcss = $course->visible ? "" : " class=\"dimmed\" ";
echo "<li class=\"yuimenuitem\"><a class=\"yuimenuitemlabel\" $linkcss title=\"" . format_string($course->shortname) . "\" "."href=\"$CFG->wwwroot/course/view.php?id=$course->id\">" . format_string($course->fullname) . "</a></li>";
}
} ?>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</li>       
<?php } else { ?>
<li class="yuimenubaritem"><a class="yuimenubaritemlabel" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>/my/">Courses</a></li>
<?php } ?>
</ul>
</div>
</div>

As you can see I changed the name from My courses to Courses and I'm using an alternative home page.   The only issue I have encountered is when a user/any user clicks on a course and brings up the mod/scorm/player.php page, the navigation bar changes from Courses to My Courses, the home link changes and the Course hover menu gets extremely small and the content disappears completely...

Images are below.  My company works on government contracts so much of the info has to be concealled for now.

Regular page is fine:

Scorm/Course pages show My Courses and submenu doesn't work correctly.

The only thing I could find in the code that was different is a reference to a print_header_simple but I'm thinking it's in your menu.php file or I need to upgrade YUI...?  I'm not a major coder but I can modify when needed and this has eluded me for several days now so I'm hoping you can help us with our project.  My header file contains the same header code for each state for $home and $heading, so that is not the problem either.

I hope someone can help!  We are using Flash but we have fixed all problems to the menu and Flash and the menu is also working correctly over my custom home page which includes Flash.

Thanks in advance for any help.  I am at my wits end with this one and just now starting to learn PHP so many things are new.

In reply to Victoria Benjamin

by Mary Evans -

Hi Victoria,

Which version of Afterburner are you using? If it is the original which Patrick created and is free to download from the Moodle Themes repository, then chances are you are using an older version. The newer version of Afterburner can be downloaded HERE and contains fixes for the bugs which might be the cause of your menu problem.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Victoria Benjamin -

Mary,

Thank you so much for the response!  I downloaded the files following the link you included and the menu still does the same thing when viewing any scorm item.  The only thing I see that is different is the print_header_simple but no one else seems to be experiencing the same problems but I'm assuming maybe no one has modified the menu structure.  The scorm folder has not been modified and everything else is working properly.

I'm working on a Linux/Godaddy install of Moodle 1.9.10.  I really don't know what else to check or how to fix this.

wide eyes

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

In that case Victoria, is there any chance you could set up a user account in my name and set me a password and give me sufficient permissions to see a page where the problem can be seen?

If yes...send me a Private Message with the username & password.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Victoria Benjamin -

Mary,

Got it working correctly!  Apparently my SCORM viewer page was corrupt and it works perfectly now.

Does anyone know the proper code to show the individual lessons as a 2nd pullout in the menu?  Right now it is showing the course header page but it would be nice if it could show the lessons as well.

Thanks!

by Keisha Dee -

Hi, 

I need a little help.  I recently took over this project from another person and am limited in my knowledge of programming.  We are currently using the Afterburner Theme.  My issue is that the navigation bar is missing.  We are using Moodle v1.9.8.

Below is the header file I am using. 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html<?php echo $direction ?>>

<head>

<?php echo $meta ?>

<meta name="keywords" content="moodle, <?php echo $title ?> " />

<title><?php echo $title ?></title>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo $CFG->themewww .'/'. current_theme() ?>/favicon.ico" />

<?php include("$CFG->javascript"); ?>

<?php include("menujs.php"); ?>

</head>

<body<?php

echo " $bodytags";

if ($focus) {

echo " Xonload=\"setfocus()\"";

}

?>>

<div id="page">

<?php if ($home) { ?>

<div id="background"> <!-- closed in footer.html -->

<table id="wrapper"> <!-- closed in footer.html -->

<tr>

<td>

<div id="header-home" class="clearfix">

<a id="logo" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>">&nbsp;</a>

<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $heading ?></h1>

<div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div>

</div>

<?php include("menu.php"); ?>

<?php } else if ($heading) { ?>

<div id="background"> <!-- closed in footer.html -->

<table id="wrapper"> <!-- closed in footer.html -->

<tr>

<td>

<div id="header" class="clearfix">

<a id="logo" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>">&nbsp;</a>

<h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $heading ?></h1>

<div class="headermenu"><?php echo $menu ?></div>

</div>

<?php include("menu.php"); ?>

<?php } ?>

<?php if ($navigation) { ?>

<div class="navbar clearfix">

<div class="breadcrumb"><?php print_navigation($navigation); ?></div>

<div class="navbutton"><?php echo $button; ?></div>

</div>

<?php } else if ($heading) { ?>

<?php } ?>

<!-- END OF HEADER -->

<div id="content">

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keisha

In reply to Keisha Dee

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Not sure if you added a typo in the code you added here but the Xonload in the body tag is incorrect it should be without the X. Although it looks like Moodle has added the X...so...I'll assume it is without in the actual code.

It's very difficult trying to diagnose a problem without seeing the site firsthand. Could you possibly give me a link to your site to see what the problem is?

You can send it via Private Message if you prefer.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Keisha Dee

by Mary Evans -

Hi Keisha,

Thanks for the zip file. The reason the theme is not working is that it's an older version of the theme which had a couple of bugs in it which have been fixed. You can download the updated version of Afterburner theme from HERE

If you have access to the server using FTP then follow the instructions in Themes FAQ it comes under section 1. How to install a theme.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Cheers

Mary

Hi,

I want to use it for RTL languages. Submenu are in left to right format. sub of subs ... should open in left side, but it opens in right

How can i do that?

cheers

by Mary Evans -

I am assuming you mean the Moodle 1.9 version of Afterburner?

To get the menu to work correctly you would need to change the CSS.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Hi

yes, we use Moodle 1.9 version of Afterburner

which css?

plz help!

by Mary Evans -

If you give me a little time I'll take a look at this problem and let you have a revised copy of the css file for the theme. By the way how long have you had this theme? As there was a fix I added last year. if you have only recently downloaded the theme that's OK, but if it was before August last year then you need to update the theme.  This will have nothing to do with the menu. That's a fix needing doing! smile

Thanks

Mary

by Nyree Williams -

Hi

A couple of questions about this theme in Moodle 2.1

Is there an easy way to hide the custom menu before login?

The 'My Courses' dropdown option isn't showing - how do I solve this?

any help greatly appreciated

Nyree

In reply to Nyree Williams

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

First of all there isn't a my courses dropdown in the Moodle 2.1 Afterburner theme.

As for you other question, there are some tutorials available which should help you resolve the issues you are having with this theme. You will fine the tutorials in this document...

Developement: Themes 2.0

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Nyree Williams -

"Afterburner is based on the GPL Joomla theme of the same name that was created by Rocket ThemeIt includes the YUI dropdown menu, and automatically pulls the logged in user's courses into the "My Courses" dropdown."

My mistake, I must have misunderstood the description, maybe this refers to another version of Afterburrner? thoughtful

Thanks anyway for your help

In reply to Nyree Williams

by Mary Evans -

This discussion thread is NOT the Afterburner you are talking about. This thread is about the Afterburner theme in Moodle 1.9.

Mary

Please Help. Mary evans or anyone

by darwin castillo rodriguez -

Hi, I have these site : uvirtual.ecium.com

My questions is simple, how can i change the white background behind the header logo?

I have tried everything (from what i know), can anyone help me? i think is too easy but i can not find the right file.

Thanks.

In reply to darwin castillo rodriguez

Re: Please Help. Mary evans or anyone

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Darwin,

Try something like

#page-header {
background-color: lime;
}

hth
Frank

PS
Use Firebug to solve such issues wink
In reply to Frank Ralf

Hi again, i just have time read your answer,,,, i am at work now sad .

but, i have a question, where i should change the "#page-header... " what file needs to be changed?

Thanks.

In reply to darwin castillo rodriguez

by Mary Evans -

Hi

It all depends which version of Moodle you are using, and since you asked in this discussion thread about Afterburner for  Moodle 1.9 version I have to assume you are using Moodle 1.9. Is this correct?

However, if Frank has checked and he say you need to change #page-header then I have to assume you are actually using Moodle 2.x.x; in which case the CSS file you need to make your changes in is called afterburner_styles.css

Look for these lines:

Header and Logo
---------------------------*/
#page-header {
    height: 100px;
    width: 100%;
    background: #fff;
}

Change #fff to some other color code.

#fff = #FFFFFF = WHITE

#000 = #000000 = BLACK

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

WOW, it worked, thank to both. The problem was i was looking for a gif or png to modify. Now i must be aware not only modifying images but only the stylesheets.

Thanks. again.