Moodle documentation: User-contributed documentation in CVS

Moodle documentation: User-contributed documentation in CVS

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've started a new CVS module called "docs" for user-contributed documentation. It's not within the normal CVS tree because these files get pretty big!

You can see it here: http://moodle.org/docs/

So far there is only one thing in it - a great new teacher walkthrough from Matt Riordan.

I'd like to add more stuff in there - as I get time I'll copy over some of the great resources mentioned within this forum.

Note, because it's in CVS you can volunteer to maintain your own documentation in there! Just let me know and I'll set it up for you: http://moodle.org/doc/?frame=cvs.html I can also just add links there to resources on other web sites if you'd prefer to maintain it locally.

Likewise, any suggestions of new materials that should be in there - let me know!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle documentation: User-contributed documentation in CVS

by John Gone -
Thanks Matt! A most excellent resource.

by Geoffrey Robertson -
Small documentation suggestion, hope this is an ok place to make it.

In the using CVS on Unix section, I think some brief instruction on using the pserver might be usefull for some like me who don't want commit rights but I do want to play with the latest.

# Login to CVS (you only have to do this the first time you use the pserver):

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.moodle.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login

Just hit enter when asked for the CVS password.

# Do an initial checkout:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.moodle.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle co moodle

# Subsequent checkouts are easier. From the root of your new source tree type:

cvs update

Geoffrey
In reply to Geoffrey Robertson

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That page is really only meant for developers, but I agree it would be a good idea to link from there to the instructions here: http://moodle.org/download

by Marius Marolla -

In the next days I'm going to upload a completely translated italian version of Matt's walkthrough for teachers... Also, I'm going to translate the hole bunch of "help pop-ups" in moodle...

Don't know if i'm going to use CVS (ehm... i tried to use it, but i'm not sure on how it works) shy

I'm also creating some viewlets (using Qarbon's free version of ViewletBuilder) based on Matt's manual: these viewlets are "audio guided" (in italian)... I can post them here, but someone will need to record another language track (or complete them with different languages texts and instructions)...

Let me know !!!