Autolinks

Autolinks

by Anna Kalsi -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I have just used the Glossary feature on a course I am editing. I seem to be having a problem with the autolinking terms that are in the body of the course to their definition in the glossary. Please help.

Thanks

Anna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Kalsi

Re: Autolinks

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What is your problem exactly? Does the autolinking not work? Have you got in enabled in site administration>modules>filters>manage filters>glossary autolinking
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anna Kalsi -

Hi

If I enable autolinking in the 'manage filters' area, it makes every instance of the letter combination link to the glossary which I don't want. For rxample, one of the items in my glossay is 'UN' with a definition for the United Nations. This is a very common spelling occurrence. How do I just link to the glossary for the instances I need?

Thanks

Anna

In reply to Anna Kalsi

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Did you select "case sensitive" and "match whole words only"?
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Anna Kalsi -

Hi

Yes - I have now but the entries are still not autolinking.

If I now enable the function in the admin settings should this now work? Apologies if this is a simple question but it's all very new to me.

Thanks