Quiz question in Moodle 2.0

Quiz question in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I hope this is the right place to ask this; apologies if not.
When I set up a quiz in Moodle 2 there is the option Layout where it says "new page" and a drop down "every question/all questions on one page/every 2 questions etc" I thought this was where you set how your questions appear on the quiz but it seems it doesn't work until you have actually made a few questions -then you go back and get a tick box and a "repaginate" option. ( I know you can also repaginate from the order and paging link on the edit tab) Is this the correct behaviour? Or have I misunderstood it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Quiz question in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Mary, have you read Quiz_FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_Questions_per_page_work_like_I_expect.3F?

That setting has been incomprehensible to most people for a long time. My changes in Moodle 2.0 were intended to make it more comprehensible, but I may not have succeeded. Do you have any suggestions for making it understandable?
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz question in Moodle 2.0

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Tim I never read docs, books or watch any screencast tutorials - I always just dive inbig grin I'll make an exception and go and read it now.