email notification does not work

email notification does not work

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hallo,

The email notifications to teachers is not working; I thouhgt it was the cron job which I used to activate manually once a day, but now it is executed every hour and it still doesn't work.

The case "send email notification" is marked for every assignment.

Do I have to activate anything else ?

I see that for every assignment, there's roles - I hope I don't have to assign a teacher to every assignment ???

Thank you for your help...

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

Re: email notification does not work

by jason rushton -

Hi Ulrike,

We are experiencing the same problem.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'cron job'?  If we discover a solution, I'll let you know.

-Jason

In reply to jason rushton

by Ulrike Albers -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hallo,

I mean this:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Cron

If you do it once in a while, automatic backups will work, but automatic messages won't (well, that's what I have experienced).

Can anybody help us with the notification problem ?

Thanks for any help....

Ulrike

by Jeff Snyder -
SAME ISSUE HERE!!  Can't seem to find any support on this one either...

by Ellen Walker -
Just before your message showed up in the forum, I was posting about a similar problem. Most of our teachers receive their e-mail alerts fine, but we have a small minority of teachers whose e-mail alerts work only occasionally. Our tech guy looked into it and told me it was a bug in Moodle and that we hope it will be fixed when we do the upgrade this summer. The same teachers are also having trouble with scores and comments sometimes not saving.
In reply to Ellen Walker

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Ellen,

Do you have the bug number from the tracker? This would help others contribute to find a fix and vote for it. smile
In reply to Ellen Walker

by Monika Bonaldo -
We have the same problem! Most instructors receive their alerts just fine, while a few others get random notifications.
In reply to Monika Bonaldo

by Sara Bozzini -
We have the same problem on 1.9.7+, but only in group mode.

If we set the assignment activity on "No groups" or if a student doesn't belong to any groups, teachers receive assignment e-mail notifications regularly.

I hope it can help smile