Upload "Moodle Features Demo" to my site??

Upload "Moodle Features Demo" to my site??

by Steve Hyndman -
Number of replies: 4

I have downloaded the Moodle Features Demo course and have uploded it to my server; however, I can't seem to find how to "install" this course in my Moodle site?

I've looked every where for an "install" or a "restore backup" feature, but just haven't been able to locate this. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...if anyone can point me in the right directions it would be geatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Hyndman

Re: Upload "Moodle Features Demo" to my site??

by Bryan Williams -
After you login as admin to your Moodle site (front page), you will see a folder in the Administration block called 'Site files'. Upload the Moodle Features Demo here, and then simply click Restore.
In reply to Bryan Williams

by Steve Hyndman -

Thanks Bryan...tried it and worked great! I have already uploaded some files to this area, but since they weren't back-up (zip) files, there was no (restore) option. I knew I was overlooking something simple.

by Michael Lindeman -
Hmm... I tried to upload the Moodle Features Demo to the Site Files and I received the following error:  "A required parameter was missing"

I am using Moodle 1.4.

Any ideas? 

Thanks,
Michael

by Syamsul Anwar -
Dear everyone,

I seem to have a problem restoring the "Moodle Features Demo" to my site.

Like Michael Lindeman, I too received an "A required parameter was missing" error when trying to upload the ZIP file to the Site Files, so I had to resort to using an FTP application to upload it to that directory.

The file is now listed so I click on the Restore option (11.7MB!) , but the process does not seem to move beyond this screen...

---

Course restore: backup-moodle-features.zip

Creating temporary structures
Deleting old data
Copying zip file
Unzipping backup
----

...even after 24 hours! dead

I can unzip the archive file using WinZip on my PC, so I doubt there's anything wrong with the archive itself. I have also had success restoring a smaller course archive (1.7MB).

If anyone can offer any advice, I will be really really grateful!