Scheduler/gradebook

Scheduler/gradebook

by Pete Cummings -
Number of replies: 3
I have scheduler in stalled on Moodle 1.9.5 and it seems to be working OK except nothing appears in the gradebook ! I can add it as an activity, and it shows up in the course, but never in the grade book.

Am I missing something ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pete Cummings

Re: Scheduler/gradebook

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Same for me; it appears that the scheduler is currently not compatible with the gradebook.

In fact, the grades functionality seems to be largely untested. See also CONTRIB-1698.
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Pete Cummings -
Henning -

The bug fix notes allude that grades should be passed if set to 100. That doesn't seem to work for me. Have ou been able to get that much to work ?

Thanks

Pete
In reply to Pete Cummings

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Pete,

I haven't tested it in much detail (as I don't use it in my installation) but for all I can see, the connection with the gradebook is not implemented at all (or, at the very least, is not functional). That's independent of whether the grade scale is set to 100 or otherwise.

Regarding the patch: When coming across some odd behaviour with grade display within the scheduler, I discovered that it was not possible to change the grade scale to anything but 100. After fixing this bug, it turned out that with the scale turned to "No grading" or non-numeric scales, many other, immediately visible bugs occurred. Hence my impression that the scheduler grade funcitonality is not much tested, and should be used with care.

Henning