Invisible login block for Guests

Invisible login block for Guests

by jacco van gelder -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all,

when users log in as Guest, they return to the homepage with the 'Login Block' visible. This creates confusion by them, so I would like the login block to be invisble once Guests have logged in. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jacco van gelder

Re: Invisible login block for Guests

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hide the login block and let them login via the top of the page - it should be less confusing then.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by jacco van gelder -

Thank yfor your repsonse but i need a very clear login for authenticated users (hence the block) but once Guests have logged in, the login block should not be visible anymore because they think they are not logged in yet. This is basically for making the experience more user friednly, but very important for our corporate learning in order to get first time users in.

In reply to jacco van gelder

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you have courses with guest access - which is why I presume you want guest login then why not set your moodle to autologin guests - then there will be no question of them being confused about logging in or not - because they won't have needed to log in!
In reply to Mary Cooch

by jacco van gelder -
Yes, you are right, I want it to be as easy as possible for Guests. And this does the trick very well, thank you so much!