Automated Timetable Generation project for GSoC

Automated Timetable Generation project for GSoC

by Usman Aftab -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

It might be a little early to pose this topic for a project in GSoC but I had an idea in my mind for automated timetable generation. I read the roadmap and it says moodle has already planned for a timetable generation mechanism but I couldn't found any details on that.

I have read few papers on it as well and in fact have implemented one of them just testing it these days. But that covers only few things and not a method that could cover multiple schools/institutions/universities at a time. Some constraints would work for one and some for others and as you move along you’ll tend to have different constraints at different regions.

So, there should be a mechanism that could accommodate most of the regions and universities and for that there should be some sort of a constraint builder. Every client would build constraints as they require and create a timetable of their own.

I was wondering if this idea of timetable generation really strikes you guys we can work it out.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Usman Aftab

Re: Automated Timetable Generation project for GSoC

by arslan ali -

Hi Usman, did you get any luck with auto generation timetable. Can you share the patch of code that you have implemented. Thanks