Show Student Point total for Questionnaire with Feedback comments

Show Student Point total for Questionnaire with Feedback comments

by Peg Nusbaum -
Number of replies: 13
I would like the students to see what the total point score for the questionnaire with a feedback reflecting that score. Is this possible?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peg Nusbaum

Re: Show Student Point total for Questionnaire with Feedback comments

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Peg,
Are you talking about the Questionnaire module, the Feedback module or the Quiz module?
Can you please explain what you mean by "with a feedback reflection that score"?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Peg Nusbaum -
In the Quesionnaire module, when a student is done, it shows a point out to the side of each question asked. But not a total off all the questions asked. In the Quiz module it allows a comment to be made with each score. I would like to do that also. But more importantly, I need to overall total points for the whole questionnaire.
In reply to Peg Nusbaum

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Peg "in the Quesionnaire module, when a student is done, it shows a point out to the side of each question asked."

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean at all. Please clarify. Post a screenshot or copy text from your screen or whatever to make this clear.

Joseph

by Peg Nusbaum -
There isn't a total of all points. Only a total for each question.
Average rank

Agree Strongly Agree Not certain Disagree Disagree Strongly

1. The computer is a powerful enabling tool. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5
2. In healthcare, computers could save a lot of paperwork. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5
3. Machines and I don't mix. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5
4. I feel I am a skilled typist. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5
5. I feel alarmed when I think of using a computer. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5
6. I have excellent finger dexterity. rhbar.gifrhbar.gif 1.5

In reply to Peg Nusbaum

by Joseph Rézeau -
You are showing the responses to a question of the "rate" type. In the example you are showing, the total sum of the "points" shown on the right would be totally meaningless, don't you think?
Joseph

by Peg Nusbaum -
A likert scale is the sum of all items beside the sum of each item. In a true likert scale each item can be given a value. For this case, I need the sum of each item and the sum of all items. So... no it's not meaningless. It actually means alot.

It would be even better if it displayed a reponse when it displayed the sum of ALL items.
In reply to Peg Nusbaum

by Beto Boton -
I'm also looking for a way to add up totals and subtotals for a 1 to 10 scale rate, since each section represents a measurable "condition" with each question being meaningful per se.

Example:

Subject X (Label)

Q1 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 5
Q2 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 7
Q3 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 5

Subtotal Subject X = 17

Subject Y (Label)

Q4 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 10
Q5 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 9
Q6 Evaluate 1 to 10 How ..... - Answer 6

Subtotal Subject X = 25

Total = 42

Have anyone achieved this?
In reply to Beto Boton

by Jill Robinson -

I would also like to know how to do this as I am in the process of developing a rating scale for program recommendations in a questionnaire.  I would like to be able to have the totals added when viewing each response or in the export format without having to manipulate formulas in the spreadsheet.  Mine is set up similar to the initial post above.  Anyone have suggestions?

In reply to Jill Robinson

by Joseph Rézeau -

The best way to achieve exactly what you want is to export a questionnaire's data to your favorite spreadsheet and use its formulas to process the data.

Joseph

by Rogelio Jr. Dela Cruz -

If that's the case ill just use google docs survey.   I also need  a moodle feature where each item score of each question in the questionnaire module is summed up. We will use for performance evaluation of personnels.. Is there anyone developing this feature in the questionnaire module?

In reply to Peg Nusbaum

by Rogelio Jr. Dela Cruz -

is there an available solution this questionnaire problem?

In reply to Peg Nusbaum

by Mafaz Zarook -

Dear Pag

I do have the same issue and it will be very meanigful,

have you found a solution for this?

In reply to Mafaz Zarook

by Pagio Romos -
Any updates on this one? Thanks.