Dialogue Separated Groups displays codes instead of names

Dialogue Separated Groups displays codes instead of names

by Carlos Andrade -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I'm a moodle admin at UFBA (Brazil) and recently a user requested information about separeted groups on dialogue activity displaying codes instead of the group name. I'm attaching the image the teacher sent me.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or what are those numbers for? I've noticed the name of the group is being displayed when you choose who you're starting the dialogue with.

Thank you,

Carlos
Attachment code_group_error.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Andrade

Re: Dialogue Separated Groups displays codes instead of names

by Carlos Andrade -
Hi,

I forgot to mention the dialogue box version running on that screen might be old, i'm unsure (Is there a way to check the module version?), and its running on 1.9.2.

When I installed a new version of moodle on my pc to check if that problem was general I found out it was displaying just fine on Moodle 1.9.7 and the latest dialogue module version avaible on this website. Now, i'm unsure if the problem is related to the moodle version, or the moodle module. I've also tested it on a old 1.9.5 version we kept on our webhost and the problem seemed to appear as well (the dialogue block was probably downloaded when 1.9.5. was released).

I hope someone knows if this was a previous related issue, if it was fixed and if it could cause any sort of problem.

Thank you,

Carlos
In reply to Carlos Andrade

Re: Dialogue Separated Groups displays codes instead of names

by Dean Stringer -
I forgot to mention the dialogue box version running on that screen might be old, i'm unsure (Is there a way to check the module version?), and its running on 1.9.2.

Hey Carlos. I don't recall if that was a recent bugfix but I would definately reccomend that if you are running 1.9.2 on your production box then you should update the dialogue module to the latest version. You can check what version of the module you have now by going to the "Admin-Modules-Activities-ManageActivities" link on your Moodle install and it will list versions of all your currently installed modules.

The version of the current Dialogue release is 2009082001. There have been updates since then so you should download the latest from the Modules and Plugins page, or via CVS