Research Questions

Research Questions

by Zach McLaren -
Number of replies: 3
Hello All,

I am a Instructional Technology graduate student at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and I am trying to compare LMS solutions and I was wondering if any of you have a more detailed features/facts list for Moodle then what appears on the website. I want to know answers to the following types of questions:

1. Is there an internal tracking cost center?
2. Is there an internal email system? and if yes does it forward email onto an external email system?
3. Can instructors use content from one course in another? If yes is all of an instructor's content stored in one area, like a library?
4. What type of technical support to you offer?
5. Can you print instructional materials found in a Moodle course?

If you could point me in the direction of where more information is or help answer any of the above questions it would be much appreciated!

Thank you for your help in my research.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zach McLaren

Re: Research Questions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi theresmile Actually -the answer to ALL those questions can be answered in the Moodle docs and forums if you do a search - so I will just give you some short answers to encourage you to investigate furthersmile

1. I don't know what this is sorry
  2. there is a messaging system and yes it does
  3. yes they can - they are (currently)stored in each individual course area and so it has to be transferred over into another course
  4. the best technical suppport because not only can you get paid support from Moodle Partners and other webhosts who like and know about Moodle but you also get a global community of Moodle enthusiasts who offer their time for free 24/7 There is alway someone awake somewhere in the world willing to give support
  5. yes you can if you really want to - but the idea should be to go paper free!
In reply to Mary Cooch

by E. L. Cooper -
With regards to tracking cost moodle as a program is free so I have no idea what you are asking here. The question would seem to relate to systems that a school pays to use.
In reply to Zach McLaren

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Wouldn't it be more relevant to look at the types of pedagogy that different systems support, rather than these minor technical issues?