Displaying a Google Doc with iframe

Displaying a Google Doc with iframe

by Mark Hudson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am trying to get a few cells from a Google Spreadsheet to display in Moodle using the iframe code that Google creates. It works fine in the HTML editor, but after saving it doesn't show up. The idea is that  can quickly maintain a spreadsheet of marks and I only need to set up once in Moodle for each student a huge time saver!

Below is a sceenshot of what can see now as I type, but after saving all you will see is the text.

Help please.

Mark

Attachment iframe_bug.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hudson

Re: Displaying a Google Doc with iframe

by ben reynolds -
Hi Mark,
I've got a similar but reversed Google spreadsheet setup. My instructors write into the spreadsheet in their classroom, and the one spreadsheet to rule them all, sucks up their spreadsheets so I can see what they are doing.

We don't use iframes at all, just the standard Moodle link to a URL. Since my one spreadsheet to rule them all just sucks in the range of writeable cells on all the spreadsheets, I'm imagining you can do the same for your students.

Nonetheless, I'm *guessing* the problem has to do either with the html editor, which is finicky (& which 2.0 will replace - yea!), or with a setting in admin about cleaning up html (can't remember the name).

Try copying your iframe work. Then going to your profile and choosing Edit profile > when editing text > use standard web forms which will give you no html editor at all. Paste. and see what you get.
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Displaying a Google Doc with iframe

by Mark Hudson -

Hi Ben

I want it embedded so it's visible next to my typed feedback in an assignment. I have also just been testing in other areas of Moodle and it works fine if I create a Label, so it should be fine elewhere too - eg in an assignment feedback?

I am also doing a lot outside Moodle now anyway as some of the constructivist tools 'out there' are so much more advanced and easier to use than they were when we first started using Moodle. Just using a web builder like Yola for example has transformed the way students prepare and submit their work to me - has replace the Moodle wiki for me.

Anyway thanks for your reply/advice - I will keep going until I get what I want somehow!

Mark