HELP using an old database with changes....

HELP using an old database with changes....

by Moodle Me -
Number of replies: 0

I have a zipped copy of the Moodle Data folder of an old site. When you unzip it essencially its all the folders with the courses numbers and documents associated inside it.

What I need to do is restore this site however I need to change ALL the usernames to different names as I will be using this to demonstrate course examples and I do not want to have my student’s names on the page. I have downloaded a spreadsheet with 5000 baby names and figured I would just cut and paste the names into the first and last name fields in the database so everyone would have two first names (example Melissa Ray). I cannot however figure out how to access the tables with the students names.

A few other issues I need help with on the same project

Is it possible to change dates as well. For example I have courses that took place in 2005 and I want the dates to show as 2009 – figured I would do a find and replace on the field with the date and change 05 – 09 but cant access that either

Some students have pictures associated with their names – is it possible to reset EVERYONE to the default picture easily?

Now comes the next question….. I have a moodle install up and running – how do I connect my current install which I don’t need the data on to this older database once it’s cleaned up?

I think I recall a add in to an old moodle site I had which let me see the tables through the admin block but I cant seem to find it.

ANY AND ALL HELP would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!

Average of ratings: -