Workshop included in standard Moodle distribution again

Workshop included in standard Moodle distribution again

بواسطة - David Mudrák
عدد الردود: 7
صورة Core developers صورة Documentation writers صورة Moodle HQ صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers صورة Peer reviewers صورة Plugin developers صورة Plugins guardians صورة Testers صورة Translators
Hi workshop friends مبتسم

Let me announce that yesterday, new workshop module has been committed into the Moodle core so it is part of standard distribution again. There are still some features to tune up and bugs to fix but it seems to be usable.
Please note the test workshop site http://test.moodle.org/workshop can be a bit broken at the moment as Petr and Sam are hardly working on a new themes machinery.

Thanks for being patient and looking forward to your testing and feedback!
متوسط التقييمات:Useful (5)
رداً على David Mudrák

Re: Workshop included in standard Moodle distribution again

بواسطة - Stephan Rinke
Hi David,

that's excellent news. In fact, it's made my day! Thanks for all the work you have put in to make the Workshop Module a standard module of Moodle 2.0!

Stephan
رداً على David Mudrák

بواسطة - Edward Mann
David,
Does that apply to 1.9 or only 2.0?
رداً على Edward Mann

بواسطة - David Mudrák
صورة Core developers صورة Documentation writers صورة Moodle HQ صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers صورة Peer reviewers صورة Plugin developers صورة Plugins guardians صورة Testers صورة Translators
Hi Edward,

new workshop is for Moodle 2.0 only. No way to backport. In Moodle 1.9, I am just fixing some most critical and security bugs but most of them will be closed without resolving.
رداً على David Mudrák

بواسطة - Cristian Cordeiro
Hi David!

First and foremost thanks for the great work.

I've found something that I am not sure if it was forgotten when you guys were merging the files or if that is something that you are still working on, even not being on the roadmap. The workshop help files were not merged to the workshop folder in the moodle-latest file, BUT the help files are in the package downloaded via the 'Modules and plug-ins' link, so basically what I want to ask is if you recommend the use of the help files available in the 'Modules and plug-ins' package or not.

Thanks!

Cristian @ Athabasca University
رداً على Cristian Cordeiro

بواسطة - David Mudrák
Hi Cristian,

help files are not written yet for the new version. Workshop help files included in the language packages are for version 1.9. Note that the translation of Moodle 2.0 has not started yet - translators are encouraged to wait until a stabilized pre-beta release. We still plan a huge refactoring of language and help subsystem.

d.