Moodle 2.0 - Theme Changes

Moodle 2.0 - Theme Changes

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 13
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm beginning to panic...after seeing all the new changes in the proposed new version of Moodle, I'm wondering how best to go about designing a new theme.

It seems more complex than earlier theme design. I'd like to know how other designers are faring in this area?

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Moodle 2.0 - Theme Changes

by Lorraine Wrennall -
As a newbie designer I'd love to know too. After designing a few draft visuals, I'm aware that I'm not au fait enough with Moodle to know what it does and doesn't do compares to 'normal' website behaviour.
In reply to Mary Evans

by Patrick Malley -
Mary - as soon as Petr gives the "all clear" on his base theme and tells us that everything is relatively stable, I'm going to hit the ground running.

Rest assured that I am personally invested in Moodle Themes and will put considerable effort into creating 2.0 themes for my clients and the core. As I learn, I'll ask questions here and share anything I find useful. If you and other theme developers do the same, I think we'll be OK.
In reply to Patrick Malley

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Any idea when Patrick?
In reply to Mary Evans

by Patrick Malley -
Unfortunately, no. Petr?

by Navin Dutta -
Any updates on this dear? Is the base theme ready?
In reply to Navin Dutta

by Patrick Malley -
No.

by Mary Evans -
In reply to Mary Evans

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Just making sure you've seen Development:Themes 2.0. Thanks to Sam for writing it. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Very good Page, thanks Helen for pointing it and Sam for writing smile. There are similar documents explaining available "regions"?
In reply to Mary Evans

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Lovely musical theme.wink Thanks, Mary!
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Navin Dutta -
@Helen

Thank you Helen!! smile That is a comprehensive post indeed!!

@Mary

Nice song smile
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Evans -
You're welcome Joseph...it helps pass the time! It's Greg Lake -of Eddison, Lake & Palmer fame. Great lyrics!

Getting back to Moodle 2.0

I've been having some problems trying to upload Moodle 2.0 to my host server...I was getting some strange Error messages. I posted them on the Developer forum...but didn't get any replies.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=144223

I have since just assumed it was because it's not a stable version yet. But I am so looking forward to playing at designing a new theme!

I feel like a child waiting for Santa Claus to arrive!!!

Regards

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Echo what Mary and Loraine said - and looking forward to seeing what happens when things are finalised for 2.0.

Richard