Could not see all responses

Could not see all responses

by JF Dragon -
Number of replies: 17
Hello all.

I got a problem when I try to see the overview of all responses given at a questionnaire (graphical).

I can view the responses from individuals but not for all them in one time.

For information, we are using moodle 1.9.4.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to JF Dragon

Re: Could not see all responses

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
More info is needed to understand this problem. Please post some screenshots and point out exactly where the problem appears.
Thanks
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Paulo Lima -

Hello Joseph

I get the same issue.

I'm using IIS7 and MSSQL 2008

Here is the debuging code

The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be compared or sorted, except when using IS NULL or LIKE operator.
SELECT response, COUNT(response_id) AS num FROM mdl_questionnaire_response_text WHERE question_id=12 AND response_id IN (50, 57, 58, 60, 100, 102, 119, 123, 126, 127, 131, 132, 306, 310, 315, 396, 452, 507, 534, 539, 591, 729, 799, 873) GROUP BY response

· line 686 of lib\dmllib.php: call to debugging()

· line 966 of lib\dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()

· line 447 of mod\questionnaire\questiontypes\questiontypes.class.php: call to get_records_sql()

· line 626 of mod\questionnaire\questiontypes\questiontypes.class.php: call to questionnaire_question->get_response_text_results()

· line 581 of mod\questionnaire\questiontypes\questiontypes.class.php: call to questionnaire_question->display_response_text_results()

· line 2317 of mod\questionnaire\locallib.php: call to questionnaire_question->display_results()

· line 597 of mod\questionnaire\report.php: call to questionnaire->survey_results()

Thanks

Paulo Lima

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paulo Lima

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is a known bug involving MS-SQL. See CONTRIB-1692.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by JF Dragon -
Thank you Paulo and Mike, it's also probably the source of my problem.

Joseph gave me help to face this issue, but I do not say the first information... Our installation is on IIS and MSSQL database. Sorry Joseph rouge

I will look on this way... and as Paulo, will test our moodle installation with the debug mode (when a non tech do the job of a tech... it happen).

JF
In reply to JF Dragon

by JF Dragon -
Finaly I tested the last version of the Questionnaire module in our testing environment and the problem is bigger (impossible to see any result).

So, is it possible that there is an issue with the questionnaire module on IIS server and MS SQL Server DB (like Mike report previously)? Is there some plans to work on this problem?

I must look now for an other solution for my project, but the questionnaire module was my first choice... triste

JF
In reply to JF Dragon

by Mike Churchward -
I don't have access to a MS-SQL server. Does this problem exist in the "View by response" screen as well,or only for the "View all responses" screen?

Can you comment in the CONTRIB-1692 issue?

mike

by Mike Churchward -
I just committed a fix for CONTRIB-1692 that I believe will remove this issue with MS-SQL users. When you can, upgrade your questionnaire module to include this and let me know if the problem is resolved.

mike

by JF Dragon -
Thanks Mike for the fix, but like I said in the CONTRIB-1692, I received a new message when I try to view the answers given to the questionnaire... I copy the message there.

I take a look at the error message, but I'm not a programmer and I could not figure out what does it mean.

Hope that sound easy for somebody else!!

JF
In reply to JF Dragon

by Ted Max -
Hi,

I am having trouble with the Questionnaire module as well. We are running MS SQL with apache in Windows server 2003 (Moodle 1.9.5+ (Build: 20090603))

I set up a test questionnaire with all the different types of questions.

After some testing this is what I found when trying to view ALL responses together:

checkboxes - No responses for this question.
Date - works
dropdown box - No responses for this question.
Essay - works
Radio buttons - No responses for this question.
Text box - works
yes/no - works

So it appears to be when there are multiple choices that MSSQL fails.

Would really love to get this working with MSSQL.

Thanks for your consideration.
In reply to Ted Max

by Mike Churchward -
Please test out the latest version of the questionnaire module. It deals with these issues.

mike

by Ted Max -
Hi Mike,

You have knocked over most of the bugs now. Just a couple more....

Here are the results from the 02 Mar 2010 version:

Checkboxes ............Response shows but no average (blank), no total
Date ............works as expected
Dropdown ............works as expected
Essay ............works as expected
Numeric ............works as expected and calculates correctly
Radio buttons ............works as expected
Rate ............No responses for this question.
Text ............works as expected
yes/no ............works as expected

Hope that helps.

regards
Ted

(The essay and text responses recall the text but some of the formatting is removed e.g. *everything* is lowercase and the cr/lf are converted to a single space.)
In reply to JF Dragon

by Mike Churchward -
Just committed another change that should deal with the issues you noted. Can you download and test?

mike

by JF Dragon -
Did I do something wrong? It gives me the same kind of answer...

Report in the bug tracker

by Ted Max -
Thanks for the quick turn around Mike. I will download now and test tomorrow when I get to school.

Thanks again.

Ted

by JF Dragon -
I tested it and realise that the «Essay box» question type and «Rate (scale 1..5)» question type have some problems... more infos in the Moodle Tracker here : CONTRIB-1692

BTW Thanks for your help Mike... I really appreciate it!

JF

(Edited by Joseph Rézeau - original submission Tuesday, 2 March 2010, 03:45 PM) Added correct reference to the bug id.

by JF Dragon -
I test it and as I mention in the tracker... it's stay like that... and our IT dep think that's an issue with the module OR the whole Moodle installation.

Could it be possible?

JF
In reply to JF Dragon

by JF Dragon -
Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your answer... Here is some precisions.

I have attach a screenshot of the page of the "All responses" tab in the "View all responses".

2 persons have answer this questionnaire and I could not see what are the stats for one question. I got for each question the note "No responses for this question.".

Is it normal??

Thanks
Attachment question.png