HTML files aren't updated when I upload

HTML files aren't updated when I upload

by Noel Chenier -
Number of replies: 5
Hello all

When i add new versions of HTML files in my moddata for resources, they are not being updated at all when I go to access them in the course.
I have caching turned off.

The only way I can get the pages to update is to remove the resource, upload them to a different folder, and recreate it.

I am using Moodle 1.8.9 integrated within zikula.

Thanks!

Noel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noel Chenier

Re: HTML files aren't updated when I upload

by Mario Santonastaso -

If the new version of the file has the same name as the old version, I rename or delete the old versions of the file before uploading the new version .  Uploading a file with the same name does not seem to replace the file that is there.  If you do this, you won't have to remove and recreate the resource.

In reply to Mario Santonastaso

by Noel Chenier -
So do I just delte the files and re-upload them, or do i have to

1- delete the files
2-go back and have it say "file not found"
3-reupload the files
In reply to Noel Chenier

by Mario Santonastaso -
Delete the old file and make sure the new file has the same name as the old one. That way the resource link on your course page will have no trouble finding the file. You don't need to have it say file not found. File having the exact same name is the step you want to make sure about when you upload the new file.

by Noel Chenier -
Thank you, that worked.

Not sure why it has to be that way, you should be able to overwrite files and have it update. oh well!

by Kate Dunlay -
I have been having this problem with graphics as well as HTML files. I emptied my cache and tried the suggested method, and this worked for the HTML files, but I still had the graphics problem. I'm learning to think hard and do it right the first time, because fixing a problem wastes a lot of time when this goes on.